yasqars - yet another silly qustion about "wrong show" (1 Viewer)

TomerBu

Portal Member
April 16, 2012
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hi, Everyone.
I'm fairly new to this but have tried searching and just couldn't find the answer:

Sorry for the noob question -
I'm trying to make mptv recognize a show called: The adventures of Sherlock Holmes
the tvdb id is: 77728
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=77728&lid=7

on the list of the "import your series and episodes" it only gives the result: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson (id 135511) which is the wrong series id.

Now, I tried various manual searches with different search strings and it can't find the show.

Can I somehow edit a file (nfo file or xml) to make it get the right show id,
or (even better) search the show by id from the importer?

Thanks for all your help and great work!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The show is called "Sherlock Holmes", so adding more text to the search string will make it *not* show that one in the search results.

Fix that and you will be able to select/match the right one.

TomerBu

Portal Member
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    The show is called "Sherlock Holmes", so adding more text to the search string will make it *not* show that one in the search results.

Fix that and you will be able to select/match the right one.
    Thanks!(y)
    I didn't realize that the series name is different then the one I searched for in tmdb.

Is there a possibility of searching by tmdb id?

Thanks again for your kind reply.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No, there is no direct way to search by TheTVdB ID (yet), but inside the MP-TVSeries configuration import wizard you have many easy ways at your disposal to correct the title search string and locate the right show. The end result match does show the ID between brackets for confirmation on the result selected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom