You got hang/black screen/crash/slow zap issues? I may have found the solution! (1 Viewer)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi iSP,

please be so kind to share also MySQL and SVN version you tried with success.

Simone

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,
    I just switched to Mysql, and:

NO MORE ISSUES with crashing MP and channel switching!!!

thank you, man!!!

cheers

joystick

Lomax01

Portal Member
    October 19, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I use MySQL but I still have issues with channel/MP crashing, although I do have quite zippy channel changing so no complaints there.

I would be careful stating this as a solution for everyone's channel/MP crashing issues as several posters have stated that it has not helped them.

Alfrescoid

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2006
    Home Country
    I'm happy to share my preliminary findings...

I've used MSSQL with TV Server since it came out...in recent months I have had problems with skip steps...eg, I press back button to go back, say, 15 secs, but all that happens is that there is a slight pause, then live TV continues to play. I have to try skip steps several times, and even then am not always able to skip to any point in the buffer...

This is a simplified description of my problem.

I stumbled upon this post the other night, so I thought I'd give MySQL a try...

The initial problem with the skip steps is there, but does not seem to be anywhere near as severe as before...also my channel changing is faster, but navigating through the EPG is not as smooth...

I'll keep testing and post back further observations...for me at least, MySQL seems to have improved things somewhat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom