Rome
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi,
i'm trying to build a htpc, and i came up with this config:

Motherboard: Intel DQ77KB
CPU: Intel Pentium G620
HDD: SanDisk 64GB SATA3 SSD

Alas, i still need to choose a good tuner and a common interface.

I already have an Avermedia H335 and Digital Devices Octopus Single CI. They were supposed to be compatible working together, but MP cannot see the CI.

Is this a CI problem or something to do with MP?

Also, can someone suggest other tuners compatible with that Common Interface? (It costed a lot, so i'm not really willing to chance/discard it).

Thank All (y)

receiverbox

Portal Member
March 17, 2013
Regensburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

the board DQ77KB is quite a new standard Thin-miniITX with Single-Power-Supply. The critical question however is how the power supply is donw for both the motherboard (19V) and the tuner card (12V)...

So I suggest to have a look onto the soon-coming Gigabyte Thin-miniITX which will have 12V to 19V. So choose a 12V Power supply. An appropriate 12V power cable for internal power connection can be easily configured yourself...

The pictures shows my system with a DN2800MT (12V-Power-Supply) and the individually adapted internal Power-Cable.

Attachments

• DSC_0229-edit.JPG
    DSC_0229-edit.JPG
    3.4 MB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't think you should build an HTPC using the Intel G620, as the integrated graphics are slow and really outdated.

AMD A4-5300 should be similar price, and it has integrated graphics that are light years ahead of the G620. You will need to change the motherboard to a socket FM2 motherboard (eg. ASRock FM2A75M-ITX or similar)

If your only building a tvserver and not a MP client, then the graphics don't matter, so you can go for the G620 which uses slightly less power/generates less heat.

As far as CPU speed goes, I'm not sure which CPU would be faster (G620 vs A4-5300)

If you wanted good integrated graphics and a faster CPU speed you could look at the AMD A6-5400, AMD A8-5600, AMD A10-5800, Intel I3-3225

Last edited:

receiverbox

Portal Member
    March 17, 2013
    Regensburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think you should build an HTPC using the Intel G620, as the integrated graphics are slow and really outdated.

If your only building a tvserver and not a MP client, then the graphics don't matter, so you can go for the G620 which uses slightly less power/generates less heat.

In case of a TV Server only, think about Intel DN2800MT which is a valuable board with low power consumption. With the DN2800 processor you have to select the right receiver card - not all PCIe-cards work right out of the box. I set up a pictured building guide only for my TV Server...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom