Yousee and EPG stream (1 Viewer)

Twixies

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey all

I have been using MP for long time now, and love the software:D , but my wife want to see a guide

But, i will like to know if EPG in the DVB-C stream from yousee(old TDC Cable) is grabbing bye the TV3server or tv1 like fireDTV does..

If not how do i get a complete giude..(grabbing from Ontv right now)?

If it does how to enable it?

Twixies

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi!

grabbing EPG from yousee never gave me much more EPG than 2 hours ahead.
    Not useful.
    At seems to vary from program to program.
    I use the xmltv that can be bought from ontv.dk -- this works fine.
    You simply use the xmltv plugin in tvserver and setup the required channel mappings.

On the remote "tab" u can configure it to automatically download a new copy of the tvguide.xml from ontv.

Also I recommend buying an extra dvb-t stick for the danish dr, dr2, tv2 channels.
    this way you are able to record/watch more channels simultaniously.

A bit cheaper than buying 2 fireDTV cards :)

/gibman

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ofcourse they are provided by yousee - but if u want more flexibility in doing concurrent recordings/viewing sessions this often requires more than one card due to the limitation of DVB tuners only able to tune into one transponder at a time.

buying 2 firedtv's would ofcourse be optimal but also $$$$
    buyuing a cheap dvb-t stick/pci gives u a bit more flexibility as u can see - for fewer $$$$

also pci has fewer issues than usb when it comes to resume from standby etc.

so go for the PCI device :)

/gibman

Zinjor

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is it possible to grab the xmltv from ontv.dk when using just MP and not TVServer?

Being quite new I figure I don´t need TVServer when using just a standalone HTPC.

Craydk

Portal Member
    June 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I would say that it depends on your tv source... TVserver is nice for handling subs i dvb (mp couldnt do this earlier at least). if you are using analogue i guess you could just suffice with mp.

there are alot of different xmltv grabbers around and from different sources have you looked in the plugin/util section? should be quite possible.

btw to the danes in here..
    i put a program together last night which rips all the streams from Dr.dk homepage (danish television) and presents them in some lists in mp. it is not all to pretty but it seems to work. Never miss "Troldspejlet" again..
    you can get it here...

*updated version under plugin/web-streams

*fixed to show æøå also

Zinjor

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Cheers Cray

Have the FloppyDTV (DVB-C) so will give it a try.

Couldn´t even get the EPG to work with the MP configuration with manual download of the tvguide.xml from ontv.dk.

Vgraphics

Portal Member
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    CrayDK, I made a skin for your DRipper to fit into my homemade mix skin FooTwo

Made a Hover image which fit in the style of Foofaraw43

Though I cant get a "description" of each show.

See the screens here:
    ClipBoard-1.jpg

ClipBoard-2.jpg

Thomas

Craydk

Portal Member
    June 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i have updated the plugin to include image and desc. of the show. i have posted the plugin at the appropriate folder in the plugin section.
    Your skin is somewhat prettier than the one i included :) ill add your xml to the plugin next time ill update it if it is ok with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom