YouTube works, Apple trailers don't (1 Viewer)

teoh

Portal Member
May 14, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
I've been peeking around the forum for a solution to my problem, but can't seem to find out where I've gone wrong.

Got FLV player and mplayer installed, and youtube plays fine. But when I try to play a apple trailer, nothing happens, at all.

Installed MPlayer, and the mplayer plugin. Configured the plugin to point to mplayer.exe, and checked off "external player" under .mov extension.

Something I've missed?

BuUrMaN

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here.... did we miss something, got it working at home, but not this new installation, is it the new version of online videos?

teoh

Portal Member
    May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Not sure. Got it to work for a while, then I installed RC1, which I uninstalled again. And now, when running the stable version it suddenly doesn't work

BuUrMaN

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I thnk Apple did something to theyre website, because it worked, changed nothing and now it doesnt anymore.
    Seems to happend in the last 2 or 3 days.

BuUrMaN

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep, but the programmer of this plugin doesnt come here very often I guess.....

Last Activity: 2008-04-29 08:43

yastarabe

Portal Member
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    there is my solution: install quicktime official latests decoder (with player included), and also install the "medialooks quicktime plugin", a directshow filter to view quicktime files with any directshow player (mediaportal included).
    Now, you can play quicktime trailers in mediaportal without any external player.

note: qtlite or qtalternative not work, only the official quicktime decoder works.

baja

Portal Member
    December 15, 2007
    there is my solution: install quicktime official latests decoder (with player included), and also install the "medialooks quicktime plugin", a directshow filter to view quicktime files with any directshow player (mediaportal included).
    Now, you can play quicktime trailers in mediaportal without any external player.

note: qtlite or qtalternative not work, only the official quicktime decoder works.

It says that plugin is free, but on the video playback there is watermark of medialooks. do you have that too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom