yrWeather Plugin 1.3.0.0 (2 Viewers)

thoath

Portal Pro
June 8, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Burr,
After updating my MP from 1.2.3 to 1.3. i could not install the yrWeather plugin. In the MP-Installer i choose the yrWeather-plugin-Version 1.3. and then i get a install error message that the package is not in order. What can I do. What make i wrong?
Thanks
thoath

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It's the plugin that's at version 1.3, it seems that it was last updated back in august, so it probably doesn't have support for the 1.3 beta.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi guys ,
    the plugin work fine her with 1.3B , the issue is the skin file are for 1.3A .... MP 1.3B have a total rework of the skin ...
    the yrWeather skinfile will have to rework to look as new DW 1.3B skin ....
    But the plugin itself work fine her....

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

Here is a new version with long term forecast some things are still missing, i have a row for date but haven't decided the format. I was thinking of "24 feb" in sweden we have format "24/2" but i belive this can be miss interpreted in some countrys.

Attachments

• yrWeatherPlugin.mpe1
      380.2 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Burr ,
    thanks for the update :)
    some feedback:
    1. screen 01 - day date not view for me (win 7 EN).
    2. how many days have in long term forcest ? as i click the next button seams the days not stop they keep going and going ..maybe a bug ? as in web i think only 9 days info view ?.
    3. i'm working on update the skin to look as DW 1.3B(will tack a few days ,as i'm busy this days with work...) ... Any way As the skin will have to complit redasgin ... i will need some changes ... but it will be good for all skins ... :) , and very small change only :oops: .
    A. screen 02 - we will need to seperet the location and date strings ,in by day view (togather the text too long..). and skiners are limeted to use it as it is .. if we seperet to 2 string we can use them better way in all skins.
    B. can we add country string (code in YR setting and in skin string) i use the plugin to view many locations ,will be great to view also the country not just city ... any weather plugin have the country info view too.
    C. just a qwustion ... in long term forcest ... you use for the TEMP' the PM value ? as i will skin the basichome with long term forcest (all the days i cen feet nice on basichome) i'm just wonder if the temp' is the pm , can i also use am temp' (as high pm/lo: am) do this mack senss ? or i'm worng her ?

Just a small note : as some skineers complain about the weather contitaion fanart location (we have it in weather folder) and rest weather plugin use the animations folder .... so i will change the code to point to the animations folder so all weather plugins will use the same fanarts if they wont ... all me ,notting for you to do her ... :)

thanks,
    ysMP.

Attachments

• yr - 01.jpg
      yr - 01.jpg
      152.2 KB
    • yr - 02.jpg
      yr - 02.jpg
      32.4 KB
    Last edited:

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I added yrweather to my MP 1.2.3.0 with StreamedMP. I added yrweather to the BasicHome-Editor of StreamedMP and changed the plugin ID from 2600 to 3231´.
    But I still get no content. See screenshot attached. What's wrong?

Attachments

• screen1.png
      screen1.png
      3 MB

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I added yrweather to my MP 1.2.3.0 with StreamedMP. I added yrweather to the BasicHome-Editor of StreamedMP and changed the plugin ID from 2600 to 3231´.
    But I still get no content. See screenshot attached. What's wrong?

I Believe this skin file is heavily out of date, the code behind has changed.[DOUBLEPOST=1359915273][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi Burr ,
    thanks for the update :)
    some feedback:
    1. screen 01 - day date not view for me (win 7 EN).
    2. how many days have in long term forcest ? as i click the next button seams the days not stop they keep going and going ..maybe a bug ? as in web i think only 9 days info view ?.
    3. i'm working on update the skin to look as DW 1.3B(will tack a few days ,as i'm busy this days with work...) ... Any way As the skin will have to complit redasgin ... i will need some changes ... but it will be good for all skins ... :) , and very small change only :oops: .
    A. screen 02 - we will need to seperet the location and date strings ,in by day view (togather the text too long..). and skiners are limeted to use it as it is .. if we seperet to 2 string we can use them better way in all skins.
    B. can we add country string (code in YR setting and in skin string) i use the plugin to view many locations ,will be great to view also the country not just city ... any weather plugin have the country info view too.
    C. just a qwustion ... in long term forcest ... you use for the TEMP' the PM value ? as i will skin the basichome with long term forcest (all the days i cen feet nice on basichome) i'm just wonder if the temp' is the pm , can i also use am temp' (as high pm/lo: am) do this mack senss ? or i'm worng her ?

Just a small note : as some skineers complain about the weather contitaion fanart location (we have it in weather folder) and rest weather plugin use the animations folder .... so i will change the code to point to the animations folder so all weather plugins will use the same fanarts if they wont ... all me ,notting for you to do her ... :)

thanks,
    ysMP.

1. there was no code behind check out new release.
    2. 8 Days, scrolling right you will go back to the beginning after the last day.
    3. i have changed the skin file with Control for date
    i have separated date and location Location = 100 Date = 137
    is there a wish to have a country string in addition to the location in settings?
    long term forecast is the temp for PM, high and low for the whole day wont be correct using AM.
    do we have to setup some new properties if you are going to do something in basic home, can you make a list?

Attachments

• yrWeatherPlugin.mpe1
      380.4 KB
    Last edited:

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    1. there was no code behind check out new release.
    2. 8 Days, scrolling right you will go back to the beginning after the last day.
    3. i have changed the skin file with Control for date
    i have separated date and location Location = 100 Date = 137
    is there a wish to have a country string in addition to the location in settings?
    long term forecast is the temp for PM, high and low for the whole day wont be correct using AM.
    do we have to setup some new properties if you are going to do something in basic home, can you make a list?

Hi Burr ,
    some issues with new version ...
    Now date view o.k ,in long term forecast (view likw : "13 Feb") .... but rest view not view correct ...
    aspashaly , in by day view .. no info view at all ... And issue with the first button the text not change all time stay as "long term forcast"
    the error log full .. please check loog in attachment ...

about counrty string , i think i was not so clear before , i meant the country string need to be by it self as new string code ,as other wather plugin use it as seperete feild ,that can also be edit by the user if he wont , for exsample if e wont to mack country name shorter or whatever ... so user can do it ...
    and the way i see other plugin handle it in setting ... that way i suggest to add it also in setting ....hope is more clear now ...:)

about long term forecast properties to be use in in basic home ... will need the code to be like " #yrWeather.defaultLocation.temperature " code style is . so someting like :
    Day 1 info
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.day1
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.date1
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.weatherIcon1
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.temperature1
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.preciptation1
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.wind1
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.condition1

Day 2 info
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.day2
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.date2
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.weatherIcon2
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.temperature2
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.preciptation2
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.wind2
    #yrweather.longtermforecest.condition2

same for day 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ....
    I think to use only (day,date,icon,temperature,condition) propertes for every day ... but i think only fare to add the (precipattion ,wind) also for others skin if they wish to use full info...

just one note , as i'm also will use the code set of #yrWeather.defaultLocation.temperature ,icone ,temp' ,condition as current weather info , i think better the long term forecast on basic home also need to be the default location info ....

hope all clear ... if not let me know ... :)

and big thanks fr your work (y)

ysMP.

Last edited:

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    about counrty string , i think i was not so clear before , i meant the country string need to be by it self as new string code ,as other wather plugin use it as seperete feild ,that can also be edit by the user if he wont , for exsample if e wont to mack country name shorter or whatever ... so user can do it ...
    and the way i see other plugin handle it in setting ... that way i suggest to add it also in setting ....hope is more clear now ...:)
    ysMP.

Should it be 3 separaate label Controls or should it be as a property?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom