Zalman MCE remote does not work on MP (1 Viewer)

constantinos

Portal Member
September 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
Hi,

I have bought the Zalman HD-160 which comes with MCE remote. The remote works perfect on MCE 2005 RU 2.

On the same OS I installed MP with the stability patch etc. The only annoying thing is that the remote does not work. In the wizard inside MP I found that there are two different MCE remotes (U.S. and Europe). Has anyone any idea what is this?

Moreover I observed that the commands from IR i.e. back button are "mediacenter back" and MP expects "back".

Do you now how I can override this?

Thanx,
Constantinos

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
Remote & display work very well under MediaPortal since I use a Zalman HD160 as well.
Although the remote is a MCE one, the reciver is IRTrans - there is a tab to conigure it.

constantinos

Portal Member
September 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
Hi Bugs Bunny!

Yes you are right. I discovered that after a little later I sent this post, but I was not able to fix it since I have a more severe problem: mce remote has lost communication with the case (irtrans icon does not blink anymore and in the log file it does not report any received commands). I have performed several "clean installs" of the OS with no luck.

If you have any suggestions on how I can perform a "factory" reset on the remote control, you are more than welcome my friend!

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
Try using any other ir remote control you have. So you can check whether the mce remote is damaged or if there is a problem with the irtrans receiver.
If i use any ir remote and press a button the tray icon shoud flash/flicker. If that is the case and doing so with your mce remote the icon does not flash/flicker, your mce remote is damaged.
If the icon does not flash/flicker with any remote, there is a problem with your irtransreceiver located in the zalman case. (hardware or driver/software problem)

BTW this tread rather belongs to hardware support than Tips & Tricks.

SimonDen

Portal Member
December 5, 2005
UK
I have this remote working fine is Win XP with Mediaportal (except the fact the up/down/left/right goes 2 at a time instead of 1!)

You need to download and install the IRTRANS Windows Software Complete installer from here http://www.irtrans.de/en/download/windows.php

You then need to run (I have in Windows Startup) IR Transtray USB

In Mediaportal setup, turn off MCE remote and turn on IRTRANS remote. The default settings should work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom