[Finished] Zap On-Screen-Display Configuration Need ..... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAEIL2000

Portal Member
January 27, 2013
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi

I'm Esi From Iran

I want to change Delay Time on change channel ( same mp 1.2 )

Thank you

Zap On-Screen-Display Configuration Need .....

Green Bottom For Start MP 2 ....

MCE Remote Support

Mptray ....

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, my apologies... I didn't notice that you were asking about MP2 :oops:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    You won't find this option in the GUI settings of MP2
    Open the external TV Setup (With latest SR U1 short cut on desktop) and check the configuration there.
    Because I didn't configure a TV card long time not even sure, if this would be the only place where it could be.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    want to change Delay Time on change channel ( same mp 1.2 )
    There is currently no way to change the default time out value. But I will add a setting for this.

The current timeout is set to 2 seconds. What range is to be considered as "good"? I'd limit it to 1..5 seconds?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is currently no way to change the default time out value. But I will add a setting for this. The current timeout is set to 2 seconds. What range is to be considered as "good"? I'd limit it to 1..5 seconds?
    If you are going to improve the zap timeout support, may I ask you to add support for a user-definable interdigit timeout? This is one of the things that I dislike about MP1. The Wiki page quoted by HTPCSourcer describes three timeouts for MP1, and none of them controls the interdigit timeout.
    This is what happens:

(1) I want to tune to channel "104".
    (2) I press "1", followed by "0".
    (3) I am just about to press "4", but because I am a bit slow, MP1 changes to channel "10".
    (4) Then, when my finger strikes the "4" button, MP1 changes to channel "4".

The problem here is the interdigit timeout. All of the remote-controlled devices that I have (Windows WMC, Sony TV, Humax DVR, Humax STB, Manhattan STB) have interdigit timeouts of 2.5 to 3 seconds. When each digit is pressed, the elapsed time resets to zero so that each digit has a 2.5 to 3 second timeout. The MP1 implementation appears to have a single timeout within which all digits must be pressed, i.e. pressing a digit does not reset the elapsed time to zero. An interdigit timeout of 2.5 to 3 seconds is about right for me, but others may prefer shorter timeouts, or longer timeouts, which is why I think that it should be user-definable.

I have tried setting the three MP1 timeouts to ludicrously high values, but that does not affect the interdigit timeout that MP1 uses.

If MP2 supported user-definable interdigit timeout, that would be a definite inducement to consider migrating to MP2...

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem here is the interdigit timeout. All of the remote-controlled devices that I have (Windows WMC, Sony TV, Humax DVR, Humax STB, Manhattan STB) have interdigit timeouts of 2.5 to 3 seconds. When each digit is pressed, the elapsed time resets to zero so that each digit has a 2.5 to 3 second timeout
    I understand.
    This should be no issue, because the instant skip osd in MP2 works exactly this way: it stays open as long as you hit left/right and after the timeout happens (i.e. 2 s) it actually does the skipping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom