Zap2it not working? (1 Viewer)

Dimitris

February 23, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've installed TVServer and MP on the same machine and I can watch TV as described in the videos and the manual (Thanks folks for very useful tips).

The only thing that I haven't been able to get working is the program guide. I've registered with Zap2it, installed the plugin in the TVServer plug in folder, configured it properly, loaded settings etc, but no matter how long I wait, the program guide does not update. I also don't seen any traffic on my network monitor when I load MP.

Can anyone help? I'm in the US, so I think I'm using the right software...

crawdaddy

Portal Pro
July 24, 2006
I'm having a very similar problem. It's causing mass havoc with me. On the same machine with .2.2 stable and the zap2it plugin, all my guide works perfectly, but with the zap2it plugin that comes with the latest SVN of tv server, it doesn't seem to snage the guide data at all, much less rename the TV channels as they are supposed to be named. Tommorow morning I'm reloading my HTPC and giving it one more shot, if that doesn't work, I guess I'm going to go back to just letting MP take care of the TV.

FoxyXI

Portal Member
September 2, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Home Country
Possible fix

I installed and was having exactly the same problem, until I did the following:

1. Rename channels to exactly match the name from Zap2it Labs under the "TV Channels" area in the TV Server Management Console

2. In TV Server Management Console, under Plugins->Zap2it EPG Client, Advanced Options tab, check "Rename existing channels and logos to new name format"

3. Check "Force guide update on next TVServer startup"

4. Under "Configuration" tab for the Zap2it EPG Client, check "Display notification on completion of import process"

5. Set "Number of days of guide data to keep" to 13

6. Reboot

That renamed my channels to have the channel number in front of the name, for example "KFCTDT" turned into "22-1 KFCTDT", and then things started working perfectly for pulling in data.

I am guessing that some of these steps could be done in a different order or have different options, but this exact series of events made it start working for me.

Good luck.

Dimitris

February 23, 2007
Home Country
I haven't actually tried the installation of MP on its own, maybe I should try it first.
I'm trying to solve a distance problem by not purchasing a Windows Media Extender, but instead using TV Server to bridge the gap between my TV and my computer room.

crawdaddy

Portal Pro
July 24, 2006
Well, I somewhat got it to work correctly. The guide showed up for all the channels with the exception of one, a rather crucial channel too. I used Foxy XI's instructions to my partial success. Also, it only grabbed about 24 hours worth of guide data. I do have it set to 13 days worth of data. Any clue what's going on with this? I could use the xmltv script, but I'd rather use the zap2it plugin... Thanks

crawdaddy

Portal Pro
July 24, 2006
OK went to much worse when I tried to get my EPG working completley. Now I don't have any EPG info. I tried to use asidie's xmltv workaround for zap2it and it failed horribly, and nopw I can't even get zap2it to give me any channel info anymore. I am attaching logfiles of everything that's gone on with my computer. Hopefully someone can sort out what's going on and why it's failing. Thanks.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
crawdaddy,

I looked at you logs and there is nothing that indicates the zap2it plugin is running.
Did you restart the TV service after enabling the zap2it plugin?

The 24 hours of guide data is normal, if you had waited longer the remaining would have shown up.
It always downloads the next 24 hours first.
Reasons:
1. This way you can have access current guide data without waiting for the full guide to to load.
For me the difference is about 5,600 programs for 24 hours to get me up and running vs over 70,000 for the full guide update.
2. You always get any last minute changes to the guide.

If you used xmltv import and the zap2it plugin, just assume you are going to have problems.
Don't know for sure but it is a good bet you will have to clear and rescan your
channels for the zap2it plugin to work again.

So....
-Clear and rescan your channels
-Enable the zap2it plugin, select map channels by number option
-Set any other options you want, like rename channels, sorting, etc.
*I would set the number of guide days to 1 until you have it working,
this will make for faster updates to see the full results. After it is
working for you then set it to the number you want.

After setting/saving options in the config.
Stop and Restart the TV service (or reboot if thats easier).

Give it about 20-30 minutes after the tvservice starts and post the tv.log file if you are
still having problems.

HTH,
patrick

crawdaddy

Portal Pro
July 24, 2006
can't explain how, because I don't know.. but I get home today and I have the entire guide present and operational...Thanks anyways

luke16

Portal Pro
November 30, 2006
Alb.
Home Country
I am still having that problem with zap2it suddenly stops working (the thread was closed for some reason). Something should be done about it breaking like that. It is a bit inconvenient to have to re-autotune every couple days and have to reschedule everything.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
I am still having that problem with zap2it suddenly stops working (the thread was closed for some reason). Something should be done about it breaking like that. It is a bit inconvenient to have to re-autotune every couple days and have to reschedule everything.

I replied to your post:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=128100&postcount=510
I never got a response on the outcome or a log file, so AFAIK that fixed it.

It runs fine for me, so without any feedback or logs there is no way to help :)

HTH,
patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom