Zap2it plugin issue (1 Viewer)

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
i have been having all sorts of problems as well with zap2it. When i first installed it worked great for 2 weeks. THen my cable provider moved some channels around, and it took awhile for the zap2it lineup to be updated. Once it was updated i had something like 7 channels that didnt have the proper guide information. I deleted all my channels in the mpconfiguration.exe. I re-scanned, re-installed the plugin, renamed the channels to exactly the same names as zap2it, and all of a sudden MP stopped finding some channels altogether, i now don't have channels 5 - 7- 16- and 36 at all, it just randomly assigns some other channel to these. I have tried manually entering the frequencies, changing the chanell from cable to antennae. Finally i formatted my hardrive re-installed windows and started from scratch, in the end i ended up exactly where i left off with MP and Zap2it. I don't have the channels mentioned above and the guide information for the bottom 14 channels is completely wrong or missing altogether.

I hope that this has more to do with the TV Engine than anything else and that the tv 3.0 engine will be better.

I have tried the forums, and besides a few suggestions about channel scanning i have had little support as well. It is too bad, the only thing really missing from my HTPC is a reliable tv guide, mostly, to schedule recordings with some sense of assuredness.

I feel your pain ZCUBED

FOD

OK, we can work through it but you will have to help me help you ;)
You will have to give a little more information.

From your post I cannot really tell if you are saying the problem is you do not have channels in MP period or you simply do not have any (or the correct) epg (zap2it) data for channels.

Question:
When you run the auto-tune in MP configuration.exe are all the channels present that you are expecting?
Are they all checked?
I am NOT talking about epg data/content at this point, just the channel numbers and frequencies.
(Sorting by Channel makes it easier to see)

Now a couple of things.
Can you give me your lineup information (zip and provider) you
are using at zap2it so I can check the lineup for possible issues
and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Next, after the zap2it plugin updates your lineup
post you epg log file to http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/
File is in MediaPortal\logs\epg.log

This will give me a starting point to find where an issue might be
with the zap2it plugin.

HTH,
patrick

fod

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
thanks for the response patrick,
I would greatly appreciate some help with the epg/channels problem i am having, however, at the moment i am away from home and my htpc. I will however, post here again ealry next week with the epg.log and other info when i get home.

once again, thanks for the help,

fod

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom