Zoom : adding 'no aspect ratio change' in general settings | Page 7

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by miljbee, August 4, 2006.

?

Would you like to be able to set up the zoom modes you want to use ?

1. Yes, because there is some zoom modes that I never use

99.7%
  2. No thanks, I am actually using all the available zoom modes

0.3%
  1. ziphnor
    • Premium Supporter

ziphnor Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    I dont know about the smart stretch, but the autocropping is nearing completion, see this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=9887

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. risu
    • Premium Supporter

risu MP Donator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    I like the idea of selectable zoom modes. In setup you could select which zoom modes to use. As a good video codec can figure aspect ratio for itself, I only need 3 zoom modes which are Normal, Zoom 14:9 and Zoom(16:9). If zoom modes were made selectable, there would be one feature to make it even better:

When viewing video or TV, using up/down keys on remote/keyboard could shift the picture up and down, so that you could adjust subtitles just to show. This would be great for Zoom 16:9 mode when subtitles show little below the picture.

Shifting could also compress the picture, like for every 5% cropped from top it would alter aspect ratio so that picture was also little flatter, additional for 5% or so. This would be easy to implement. A harder but little more sophisticated way would be the smartzoom but only to compress the bottom part where subtitles are shown. At least Philips TV:s are using this and it's actually a working solution.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!