SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    No!
    I like this thread - it's just I'm more of a buid-it-yourself type - then I can change stuff as required.
    @Hence the brave bit :)

I'm going to use this as a client in the bedroom, so is there something you're not telling me??
    Yeah - remove the PIN from Online videos 'adult' section ;)
    lol

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I had to reformat the hdd and take it back to it's 'new' state. The ID41 found it then and the Win7 install went OK.

Running StreamedMP, and it seems to work fine. Sound coming through TV via HDMI. Now struggling with codecs - I generally use the Win7 one without any problem - not the case here. I have a number of films that just will not play at all. Hmmm... methinks I'll look at SAF.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello mate,

Glad you got it sorted.

I have tried a variety of codecs on my HD11.

In the end I've settled for SAF 5.01, with Tony's (Owlroost's) dshowhelper - Couldnt get CoreAVC to work :(

For me one issue I had was late frames with wireless on HD. I switched to EOP which has helped.

I can watch 1080i relatively ok - its a fine line to getting no droppedor late frames.

J.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Cheers Jay,

I have turned off the wireless anyway, and I'm using EOP. I didn't get chance to play about further as the OH went to bed. There is a SAF 6 out, although I think it is a beta. I'll get further chance to play around today.

Where do I find Tony's dshowhelper??

Any other tips for fine tuning??

M.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

SAF6 seems to work ok, but I needed volume reduction for iPlayer (which I used ffdshow audio profiles for) - unfortunately SAF6/LAV does not support this yet - Hence I've switched back to SAF5.01.

Disable all unrequired services, ensure your AV is configured correctly, disable IPv6, play around with process priorities for dwm, mediaportal.

Some of Tony's code is already in 1.2.0beta (base v55), but since then the integration he has gone on and he's produced/tweaked/enhanced it. As such there have been about 5 updates. The interesting/difficulty is that the updates are not sequential, he has been trying differenent fixes/solutions to get perfection. As such some people get better results with a specific version, whereas others dont - its trial and error with each version.

The thread can be found here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nter-dshowhelper-community-development-81148/

The main versions to try are:

55e https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/608526-post1.html
    76a part DWM https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/730549-post1003.html
    76a no DWM https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/730549-post1003.html
    78 part DWM https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/734386-post1045.html

Also ensure you have the latest nvidia drivers for the graphics and for the AHCI/disk

There are also reg hacks to play around with the network.

J.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks Jay.

I'll look at the latest drivers and see if they are different from those on the supplied CD.

SD tv plays fine, it is just some video's don't. Although they play in Windows Media Player. HD did not want to co-operate earlier.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Installed SAF 6 and all SD TV channels play fine. Recorded SD channels play fine. HD recorded and live TV channels do not play well at all. However, recorded HD (as a .ts file) plays really well in Windows Media Player with no stuttering or juddering at all - just involves a lot of messing about in MP.

The TV in the bedroom isn't full HD, it is 1164 x 662.

Apart from the HD channels, everything is working great.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Sounds like you are getting there :)

What do your logs say when watching HD? Or shift-1 stats?

Are the frames late? what is your paint time?

What is your CPU utilisation like? Are you using DXVA?

J.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Jay,

This is the first time I have had to sort any 'major' probs with MP. The main HTPC in the lounge has enough grunt for full HD and works reall well. I have used two different laptops as clients, and whilst not perfect, they did run MP reasonably well and HD ran without any problems, (both HP laptops have Intel GPU's in them)

What do your logs say when watching HD? Or shift-1 stats? - I haven't looked at the logs. Do I need to put logs into a different state for ease of reading/deciphering. Shift 1 stats & graphs are all over the place, the graphs look like the alps!

Are the frames late? what is your paint time? - which figures are these, there is a lot going on with shift 1.

What is your CPU utilisation like? Are you using DXVA? - Where would I find CPU utilisation? I am running MP in full screen mode and haven't seen anything that shows this. I did try DXVA using SAF6, but I found that I got slightly better playback just using the 'general' video playback codec.

I suppose that this is where it gets interesting. :mad:

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom