Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Best thing is to clear/empty your logs directory. Then start media portal in debug mode. Watch some HD tv (and nothing else), then quit out and post the zip file here.

As for checking CPU utilization, load up task manager and look there.

The CPU utilization will be a good indicator of whether dxva is being used, but the proper way would be to load up graphstudio, and look at the video properties for the dxva flag/property.

Have to tried any of owlroost's dshowhelper files?

What we need to rule out various things:

Network
    Codec
    Dxva/non dxva
    Screen refresh
    Splitter
    Etc....

J.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks Jay,

Just before I go and start playing (feeling rough today, late night, I got in at gone 5am, so brain may be a bit sluggish, the body certainly feels it - bear with me! :oops: )

I would have thought the network was OK as WMP plays full HD fine and is using the HTPC in the lounge for the video file. This is done using EOP (AV Plugs)

I'll go and start up the bedroom client and post back in a few minutes.

Many thanks,

Mike.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Jay,

Here are all logs.

:D

EDIT:

Running a Full HD video (Downton Abbey recorded from TV) - CPU is avg 85%. Network speed is showing as a constant 150kbs. Disk is about 0.3Mb/s and then starts climbing up as video seems to progressively lag further behind the audio stream. The video looks to be in slow motion and is probably due to the number of dropped frames. It is dropping many frames, but I cannot get (Shift & 1) to display at all when playing back HD.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: Zotac Zbox ID41

Hi,

Just by way of further info, attached is a screen grab of the GPU details shown with nvidia Inspector utility.

When playing the HD file, the 'GPU Load' never goes above 18%, and the Memory Usage never goes above 83%. The 'GPU Load' is at 19% when on the MP Home page running StreamedMP. I would have expected the GPU Load to have been higher when running the HD file.

EDIT: When playing the same video file in WMP11 the GPU load is a maximum of 40%, the Memory Usage is a constant 28% and the CPU varies between 10 and 20%

M.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      55.8 KB

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I have now started this codec discussion on this part of the forum here, as it is more relevant.

However, just by way of an update for others who may have similar problems, I installed the SAF6 codec pack by Hoborg and unlocked it. I started using the PDVD11 codecs which specifically use the GPU's processing power and after a fews days the dropped frames & HD playback issues seemed to disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom