1080i material not deinterlacing under 1.0.1.0 (1 Viewer)

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
OK, looks like my GPU isn't beefy enough. I'll buy a new card and report back.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @pilehave
    Small tip - get AMD Athlon II X2 240e version instead, it have better TDP.

Thanks. Just got it today and got VA Antialising running. What a difference in interlaced material, I AM STUNNED! :D

- Windows 7 x64
    - Gigabyte GA-MA78-S2H rev 1.0 (IGP ATi Radeon HD 3200)
    - AMD Athlon II X2 240e

(Sorry for spamming with not-quite-relevant content)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This did the trick. DXVA on both MPEG2 and H.264 for 1080i sources at 60fps! Finally! :D

Wow. I tried a GT240 with no success. Maybe I needed a faster CPU to help.

Check out the DXVA capabilities of your system with DXVA Checker.

When you run it, the 'Decoder Device' tab lists the DXVA decode capabilities, the 'Processor Device' tab lists the hardware deinterlacing capabilties.

Hit the 'Check Direct Show Decoders...' button and open a video file. It will list out the decoders in the system capable of decoding it and if they support DXVA (in red). Click on a 'DXVAx' entry and select 'Play', then select a renderer (VMR9 for XP, EVR for Vista/Win7) to play it. It should display FPS and CPU usage as it plays.

Tony

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Dunno what's changed in the latest SVN but all HD channels including Rush HD which has never worked before, are playing fine for me now! Maybe I don't need that new graphics card after all!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    @pilehave
    Small tip - get AMD Athlon II X2 240e version instead, it have better TDP.

Thanks. Just got it today and got VA Antialising running. What a difference in interlaced material, I AM STUNNED! :D

- Windows 7 x64
    - Gigabyte GA-MA78-S2H rev 1.0 (IGP ATi Radeon HD 3200)
    - AMD Athlon II X2 240e

(Sorry for spamming with not-quite-relevant content)

Great! :D

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Speaking of the Rush HD clip (or is it 2010_1_4_21_3_55.ts)... I tried it on an old system and got no video, only a "visualization" and audio from WMP and audio only from MPC. Then I played it on my HTPC by dropping it onto GraphEdit which it opened PDVD9/AVCore .264 to play it and it was using 80% CPU and somewhat jittery. Using MP I opened it from MyVideo and got a black screen. I pressed STOP on my remote which 'freed' it up. Recalling I use the MPC-VideoDecoder for .264 whereas GraphEdit wanted to use PDVD9/AVCore I went into Settings and selected that... back to MyVideo which now played the clip using 80% CPU. In an attempt to lower CPU I closed MP and went into MP-config and the DirectShow Filter settings and for PowerDVD checked "ON" DXVA for .264 (I'd had it off since my 7050PV wouldn't work with it on), saved and closed. Running the clip again yeilded CPU in the 8% range (as the DXVA was passing the processing to my N9500GT). Oddly enough the .mkv of Shooter I have would not play using PDVD9's .264 codec!

I share this as it illustrates how interactive these settings, codecs, and various file contents are... maybe this will shed some light for some of you getting black screens when you try to play a clip from a source you may not know entirely its heritage, encoding, and/or content. Needless to say I switched my settings back to what I had because I don't need to be able to play the clip from this site instead of files I have on my system.... I hope this helps!

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Can anyone tell me if an Nvidia 210 is up to the job? I bought a fanless 9800GT but it won't fit in my HTPC's case! :mad:

The only other card I can see that's available fanless is a 210, so if anyone can confirm it's powerful enough I'd much appreciate it...

Thanks.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can anyone tell me if an Nvidia 210 is up to the job? I bought a fanless 9800GT but it won't fit in my HTPC's case! :mad:

The only other card I can see that's available fanless is a 210, so if anyone can confirm it's powerful enough I'd much appreciate it...

Thanks.

Probably not - I run a 9500GT (with 32 stream processors) and it copes with 1920 x 1080i @ 50Hz to a 1080p display, but won't handle 60Hz at the same resolution. A G210 has only 16 stream processors.....it might do it but it won't be with pixel-adaptive de-interlacing so you'll have degraded picture quality.

Tony

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Thanks Owlsroost. I'm not sure what card to get, then :( I could ideally do with something without a fan, will keep looking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom