AEON 2 port? (4 Viewers)

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
This is scheduled to be released tomorrow! Don't know about you guys, but if it is released tomorrow I will be playing around with it.

I have xbmc installed with the streamed skin. Having a hard time getting the movie and tv show library setup. I think it may be the way I name my files. Not nearly as easy to setup as mediaportal so far.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That skin does look great if I could only get XBMC to play all my HD mkv's.

Yes, and an easy to setup remote control section so you can use your MCE remote without jumping through hoops. And don't forget about Moving Pictures and My TV-Series. I've tried XBMC a few times, but always go back to MP. But it sure is pretty.

Emph

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Yes, and an easy to setup remote control section so you can use your MCE remote without jumping through hoops. And don't forget about Moving Pictures and My TV-Series. I've tried XBMC a few times, but always go back to MP. But it sure is pretty.

Emph

I know exactly what you mean I use both Moving Pictures and TV-Series plugins and there are the best out there.
    And yes I use mce remotes and its so nice to have a remote work right out of the box.
    I don't use the tv part of Mediaportal but I know this is the reason many choose Mediaportal over XBMC

Would love to see this skin here as I use Aeon now but looks like we may be out of luck. But I do respect the creators
    wishes since you can see he spent alot of time on this.

automated

Portal Member
    December 17, 2006
    Home Country

Emph

MCE remote is very easy to setup with Eventghost.

I've just rebuilt my media pc and have it running XBMC, the setup was very easy compared with the frustrations of mediaportal with codecs / plugins (heaps of versions) / skins etc that don't really work together properly.

I found the TV Shows and Movie scrapers to be just as good as moving pictures and tv-series.

You need a fairly good cpu to run hidef stuff, but they are pretty cheap now.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    djh seems to check out these forums from time to time. Perhaps emailing him would be the best option though.

Users who are viewing this thread