AEON 2 port? (2 Viewers)

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ..have played a little bit arround, i think the round edges can be done by using a frame and framefocus gfx in thumbsview and in filmstripview. But that only can be done if the background of the filmstrip and the thumbsview has one colour, so we can do the frame then with a border in same colour and the real form with round edges as hole inside.

Harley

uncertainty

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2007
    NYC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Not sure if this helps but someone in the streamedmp forum was able to get rounded edges for the the TV series covers and also for Moving Picture DVD covers.

BTW is it time to move this out of the graveyard?

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Nope, there are pre-requisites for being in the Hot Skins section, one is being 1.0.1 ready, and none of the Aeon related skins are :(

1. thing to come out of the graveyard, is to make a full working version of the skin for 1.01.

then the skin comes to the skinsection.

For comming with a skin in the hotskin section then, it must have much more:

- full working and stable skin in final version
    - compatible to the current mp version
    - a huge amount and count of Downloads
    - a big activity in the skin thread over a longer period

after all that has come, then the chance is to come to hotskin section.

And that is good, because we have do that rules for the hotskin section, to hold the hotskin section smal. So that we have realy only some smal count of skins there, that are realy then the hot ones.
    I think we can never have more then 5 or 6 skins in hotskinsection.

Greetings Harley

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Nope, there are pre-requisites for being in the Hot Skins section, one is being 1.0.1 ready, and none of the Aeon related skins are :(

1. thing to come out of the graveyard, is to make a full working version of the skin for 1.01.

after all that has come, then the chance is to come to hotskin section.

And that is good, because we have do that rules for the hotskin section, to hold the hotskin section smal. So that we have realy only some smal count of skins there, that are realy then the hot ones.
    I think we can never have more then 5 or 6 skins in hotskinsection.

Greetings Harley

Oh, THAT'S why Blue3 isn't a Hot Skin then. :p
    Emph

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Greetings Harley

Just a quick note on what I am doing with Aeon Wide, first pass will be to make it 1.0.1 compatible, was working on that part when Aeon Stark appeared and got side tracked on the possibilitys of porting that, should have the 1.0.1 updates out the way by Monday.

Second pass will be to tidy everthing up and create a stdandard look and feel, there were a lot of customizations and addons it was becoming tricky to know what to install.

I have not got time to even attempt to port Aeon Stark, hopfully PR make take up that challange, but it is possible to refresh the look taking on some if the ideas from Aeon Stark, give is fresh look - this is more long term if it happens - haveing said that I have Basichome, Music, Video and Pictues versions already (list view only) :)

It is a good skin so would hate to see it die completely so will at the very least make sure it is 1.0.1 compatible so those that are still using want be left in the lurch.

Trevor

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, I think that interest for the "regular" Aeon skin went down a bit due to the Basic home crashes that some 3rd party skin users experienced, but they are fixed now in the latest SVN. Aeon is a pretty and very user friendly skin, so it would be sad to see it go, even though Stark is a pretty strong applicant to take it's place forever. :D Though it does need a port at all first.

Emph

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    rounded corners etc...

Been playing about with Aeon Wide a bit. rounded corners is fairly easy but as Harley says you are restricted to a fixed texture - really needs to done in code, only so much you can do with skin commands and gfx.

Attached is a screen shot showing rounded edges and some other changes to the Aeon look...darken it a tad (maybe too much) as always had issues with white txt on nearly white back ground....

In case any one missed it I uploaded a MP 1.0.1 patch set for the current Aeon Wide to the mainAeon thread here

back to gfx....

Trevor

Attachments

• Aeonwide-tst6.jpg
      Aeonwide-tst6.jpg
      159.4 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Been playing about with Aeon Wide a bit. rounded corners is fairly easy but as Harley says you are restricted to a fixed texture - really needs to done in code, only so much you can do with skin commands and gfx.

Attached is a screen shot showing rounded edges and some other changes to the Aeon look...darken it a tad (maybe too much) as always had issues with white txt on nearly white back ground....

In case any one missed it I uploaded a MP 1.0.1 patch set for the current Aeon Wide to the mainAeon thread here

back to gfx....

Trevor

Well, using the rounded covers would be most "important" for the cd cover on basic home, or for showing movie posters in IMDB/details view, where these aren't moving like in filmstrip or for icon/big icon.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread