black screen on resume from hibernate (1 Viewer)

V

Vic

Is anyone of you using USB-UIRT or any other similar device to control an external tuner? I noticed that if I disable USB-UIRT in the MP config my computer does not hang anymore after waking up. It still takes about 30-60 seconds to completely wake up, but at least it doesn't hang with a black screen.

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
The same black screen happens when resuming from standby using the new PVRScheduler plugin. A quick move of the mouse and it's back. But what is causing it not to display ?

A

Anonymous

In my case, I cannot get the machine back working. Even with Alt+F4, nothing appens. I must shutdown the computer.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Check Mantis periodically - once fixed there then try out the latest build.

DMAN

STSC

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2004
    Germany
    Hello,

I made a couple tests with MP and Standby!
    I'm the programmer of the PVR Scheduler
    This is what I figured out:
    When MP is started right after Standby (S3), MP gives a DirectX error on some PCs, on mine my PC will crash right after standby and restarts.
    So I added a delay of 20 seconds before MP starts after standby.
    My PC wakes up without any issues. I'm using the Windows XP taskscheduler for this.
    After 20 seconds MP starts, but the CPU ussage is 100%.
    The issue is now, that I also get a black screen after every wake up, but when I move my mouse before MP starts, MP will start without this high cpu usage.

I also think that Windows XP SR2 could cause these troubles, because SR1 didn't start with a black screen after standby.

I also tried to add a code to turn on the monitor but I couldn't get it work. The only way right now is a mouse movement.

But anyway MP should also start with a black screen.

STSC

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2004
    Germany
    I don't think so, because when MP is started with the Windows XP TaskScheduler right after standby some guys got errors like this:
    04/03/2005 00:29:16 exception: Warning: Nothing will be rendered.
    The reference rendering device was selected, but your
    computer only has a reduced-functionality reference device
    installed. Install the DirectX SDK to get the full
    reference device.

But anyway the main bug is that MP shouldn't be started with a blank screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom