black screen on resume from hibernate (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Specify PUNDIT_R

Hi

Im using also a PUNDIT-R and i have the black screen issue.

Pingus:

Could you specify what drivers are you using?
Whats your bios version?

Using catalyst 5.4
Bios v1005

Since i use the s3 resume from bios but no sucess!
It was working in MP 0.1.1.1, but now i have the directx error on wake-up

Regards
Goahead

STSC

Portal Pro
December 4, 2004
Germany
This is my experience.

On many systems you can't put your PC into standby mode when MP is running, otherwise your PC will crash or you get a DirectX Error

If you have one of these systems the only way out is to close MP before standby

The other issue is when the taskscheduler wakes your PC and tries to start MP, the CPU usage will be around 100%. The way out here is to initialize your graphic card before MP is started. This can be done by moving the mouse or using the PVR Scheduler. (The issue is that the screen stays black as long as you don't move the mouse on resume)

This has nothing to do if you use a monitor or tv out.

K

kMan

I get the black screen, high CPU usage and lock up after a restore from hibernation.

These problems started after I installed the latest version 1.2, before the upgrad it worked without fault.

has the plugin that controls hibernation and restore changed?

is it change in another module?

or is it somthing I have failed to do before/during/after installing the upgrade?

STSC

Portal Pro
December 4, 2004
Germany
These problems started after I installed the latest version 1.2, before the upgrad it worked without fault.

No, what was your last version? Every version I know causes this.

K

kMan

Area: ?
MP Version: 0.1.2.0
Skin: blue2
Windows Version: your windows version incl. service packs
CPU Type: P4 3.0 ghz 478
Memory: 512 DDR
Motherboard foxconn 661M04-G-6L, SiS661FX + 963L
Video Card: MSI Nvidia Geforce MX5500
Video Card Driver: 6.6.8.1
Video Render Type: Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version: Roxio
Audio Codec Type & Version: roxioTV Card:pinnacle 300i
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 1.3.1.15
The version I have installed is 0.1.2.0.

synopsis : After a program has recorded, MP goes into hibernation as it should. But when I switch my pc back on manually, I get a black screen, MP not responding and high CPU usage (as reported by task manager) on restore from hibernation.

This problem did not occur on the previous version (Mediaportal_0.1.0.10_2.zip).

No other system changes have been made to my system.

I have searched the forum but end up going round in circles.

Can a developer point us all to a definitive fix or things to try?

andybak

March 17, 2005
Black screen / hibernate / standby etc.

I had this problem but seems to be OK with the version from CVS. Could be a coincidence?

fossks

Portal Member
May 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I didn't want to throw a wrench into all this, but I have experienced the same issues, but WITHOUT going into standby or hibernation. Since I set up my MP system, I have left my system on 24/7, however I turn off the TV display. After a recording is done, or even not, when I come back to view MP, I can get the blackscreen described here in this thread. I have to get rid of it in the same manner too.

Tonight I will look at the Windows screensaver and display hibernation settings and turn them all off and see the result.

Kevin

K

kMan

I have uninstalled 0.1.2.0 and reinstalled my previous version (0.1.0.10.).

The black screen, MP not responding and high CPU usage problems DO NOT exist with THIS version (0.1.0.10.).

My PC and my set up are NOT the problem.

One of the following MUST apply
1. a problem with the latest release
2. an additional file or driver is required of which some of us are not aware of, (the developers and testers may all have had these files and assumed everyone else had.)
3. Files, drivers or modules are loaded in a different order.
4. The uninstall for the previous version is not thorough.

Any thoughts

Thanks.

Z

zunfire

Have the same problem.

I have the same problem, and have noticed something more that feels like it may be related to this problem.

I bring my television to full screen, then "ctrl+alt+del" and goes to taskmanager. then i try to switch back to MP, and nothing happens.

Can this wakeup blackscreen problem have something to do with task switching?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom