Boxer and HDTV (DVB-T2) (1 Viewer)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi, I am considering changing my TV cards so I can start to watch the Swedish provider Boxers HDTV.

The hardware I am considering are:

One Blackgold BGT3620 (BGT3620 - BlackGold) with this I can tune two free-to-air DVB-T and DVB-T2 channels at the same time.
One anysee E7 T2C (anysee E7 T2C - Terrestrial & Cable (DVB-T/T2, DVB-C), Common Interface Slot) with this I can tune one scrambled DVB-T and DVB-T2 channel/mux.

My design idea is to be able to record these channels at the same time: SVT1HD, SVT2HD, TV3, TV4 and Kanal5. I would be glad if I could record TV3HD, TV4HD and Kanal5HD at the same time but I guess that will be harder?

Has anyone have any experience with any of these tuners using Boxer?

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
For anyone interested I can now confirm that Blackgold BGT3620 works with Boxers free-to-air HD channels, ie SVT1 HD and SVT2 HD.

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
What codec are you running then?

I am using SAF 5.0 (ie PDVD10 and ffdshow audio decoder). The only tricky bit was to set the tv client to prefer AC3 sound (there seem to be more than one audio stream).

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm using Anysee E7 T2C and can watch SVT1HD and SVT2HD. I'm using Shark007 codecs combined with CoreAVC on my clients.

MP says that all subscription channels are scrambled even though I have a CI+ CAM from Boxer and can walk through the program card (CI-menu) in the Anysee utility. I will install the Anysee software and see if that shows all channels.

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It seems like MP lacks support for the CI+-slot in Anysee E7 T2C, it only works with uncoded channels. DVBLink has support for it and I now use the card in MP that way. It's a mess to setup together with my four other DVB-T-cards but once done it works perfectly.

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ah, good that it works but sounds a bit to cumbersome right now. I'll probably wait a little bit (to see if CI+ will be supported by MP). Tnx for the report Elof!

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Elof

I have recently bought an Anysee E7 T2C and is trying to get it to work in MP without success. If I install DVB link together with Windows Media Center I am able to watch encrypted channels in Boxer. But I am failing to get DVBLink work together with MP. Can you describe what you did to make yours work?

Thanks / Ulf

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Ulf,

Setup DVBLink by follow the installation manual - but you can skip all parts about EPG, MCE etc. Use the channel export tool to export the channels and satellite information and merge it with the settings in MP. Finally you select the correct new satellite on one of the DVBLink TV-cards and scan for channels.

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Elof

Thank you for your reply! When I look at the instructions it seem to be for satellite only. Does it work with terrestrial as well? What files should be merged then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom