Boxer and HDTV (DVB-T2) (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

I'd like to see how tricky it would be to support CI+. You could help me by:
    - telling me what tuners you are using to get CI+ support
    - posting some TV Server logs showing scanning for encrypted channels.

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

That would be really great if you could get closer to an implenteation of CI+ support in MP.
    I have an Anysee E7 T2C and using terrestrial, can watch unencrypted HD and SD but no encrypted channels at all if my program card is in that box.

//Ulf

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you for your reply! When I look at the instructions it seem to be for satellite only. Does it work with terrestrial as well? What files should be merged then?

It's rather confusing but DVBLink presents all TV-cards (DVB-T/2, C and S/2) as satellite cards for MP. The tool I linked is generating xml files for fake satellites that you must scan in MP to find the channels you have defined in DVBLink.

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Elof

I have no followed the instructions but can't get the integration with MediPortal to work. Mediaportal are not able to scan any channels exported from DVBLink.
    The preview for all scanned channels in DVBLink is working well. Can you please have a look at my attached installation and tell me what I have missed?

//Ulf

Attachments

• DVBLink and Mediaportal.doc
      950 KB

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Elof
    The preview for all scanned channels in DVBLink is working well. Can you please have a look at my attached installation and tell me what I have missed?
    I don't see the Server configuration-part of the configuration in your file (btw, excellent way to show what you've done!), please see page 19 in the file dvblink_tvsource_configuration.pdf (included in the installation package of DVBLink).

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have updated the document with the view of Server configuration, where I have added all the channels I want to export.
    Does it matter what version of MP is installed? I have installed 1.2.0 Beta - can that be the reason?
    Before I got some channels but they were placed as radio, now however I do not get anything at all.

//Ulf

Attachments

• DVBLink and Mediaportal.doc
      1 MB

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Update:

When doing a total uninstall of MP TV server and installing 1.1.3 I was able to scan the exported channels from DVBLink.
    Then I performed an upgrade to 1.2.0 Beta and the channels can be used. Don't know why the scanning didn't work in the newer version of MP.

//Ulf

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi u28151

Can you please provide logs showing scanning not working. I think the issue is probably the one talked about here, but I'd just like to make sure...

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi mm1352000

Here are the logs from my scan. No channels show up as updated / new when I run 1.2.0 Beta.
    Do you know if there are any progress with the support of CI+ in MediaPortal?

//Ulf

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Ulf

Thank you for the logs. :D
    I can see exactly why the channels aren't picked up, and we should be able to fix that for 1.2.0rc. To make sure we fix this properly, can you also set up some radio channels in DVBLink, scan for them in TV Server, and provide me with the logs - I want to make sure that they also work. I'd also like to know what version of DVBLink you're using...

Regarding CI+ implementation: no, there is no direct progress. The team is completely focussed on handling the 1.2.0b bug reports, preparing for the release of 1.2.0rc and 1.2.0 final, and planning for 1.3.x. We aren't allowed to add any new features to 1.2.0rc or 1.2.0 final, but we are planning features that we want to add for 1.3.x now. I will of course mention CI+ support for 1.3.x... :D

Actuall, I've read the Wikipedia information about CI+, and I'm wondering what exactly needs to be implemented. Is it just support for the CIs/CAMs that you want, or is it things like MHEG5? If you have a tuner with a supported CI interface then I wonder whether it would already work with CI+ CAMs and smartcards.

Best regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom