Boxer and HDTV (DVB-T2) (2 Viewers)

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Anything new regarding CI+ support on a DVB-card?
Or are we forced to use a STB (or TV) in order to watch encrypted HDTV channels from Boxer?

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Any news on this?

I'm looking for a solution to watch all boxer channels through mediaportal. I don't really need the HD-channels. WHat TV-card (DVB-T/T2) should I get? I will be using a smartcard from boxer. Anysee card with softcam?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
using of Deltacam (or Unicam) gives at least theoretical possibility to use CI+ cards. Surely this will work only if the provider doesn't pair the card to the receiver. I don't know about boxer, but here in Germany there is possible to watch HD+ (system that using CI+) channels (e.g. RTL HD, Pro7 HD, etc...).

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
What do you recommend for Boxer in Sweden Tompa? I would like an internal card. Is the hauppage HVR-5500 a good option with the Hauppage USB CI reader? (I might need DVB-C or DVB-S/S2 in the future)

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    using of Deltacam (or Unicam) gives at least theoretical possibility to use CI+ cards. Surely this will work only if the provider doesn't pair the card to the receiver. I don't know about boxer, but here in Germany there is possible to watch HD+ (system that using CI+) channels (e.g. RTL HD, Pro7 HD, etc...).

Does Deltacam work with Conax encryption or is it a totally different technology?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    AFAIK it supports also Conax.
    Before purchasing check that you have programmer (or buy it with programmer) - Deltacam/unicam isn't the Plug'n'play system. You need to flash proper firmware first.

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have been using Digital Devices DVB-C/T/T2 (PCI Express Card) together with Boxer flex 8 for quite some time now and it is working really good.
    On this card I have the DD flex CI expansion module connected. I have several HD channels in my list of programs.

//Ulf

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Ulf!
    Regarding to this thread.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-tuner-card-recommendation-4-channels-decoding.126541/
    it should be possible to decode up to 4 crypted channels at the same time.
    Can you watch TV3 and then stream TV5 to another computer?
    If I understand it wright I must have MP2 (TVE 3.5)?

//Joakim

Unfortunately I am on MP1 still. Probably will not move to MP2 until a stable version is relased and my required useful plugins.
    All I can say is that I cannot watch 2 separate crypted HD channels at the same time in MP1.

//Ulf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom