Central Database? (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    To be able to resume playback on all your clients, you must share the MP Databases between those clients since IIRC MyFilms uses the VideosDB to store that information.

Last edited:

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can't even get it to see any films at the moment, never mind anything else..

Not sure what the issue is - it reads the correct database it seems, but says there are no movies when there are...

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yeah first setup is a bitch (no offence guzzi :) ). It took me 5 or 8 attempts to get it working the way I want. Especially the updater drove me nuts because it would always take the wrong config file. :confused:
    The whole concept of MyFilms is also a challenge to wrap your head around first. But then it is really awesome to use. :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Btw. What I ended up doing was:
    1. configure MP to place its DB's and thumbs by using MediaPortalDirs.xml to point to my networkstore. All clients use them same folders.
    2. install MyFilms and enter its configuration
    3. change all fanart, etc. paths to point to the UNC path on the networkstore (IIRC only needed to change one, the rest were used from MediaPortalDirs.xml)
    4. do an import of all the movies using UNC paths
    5. run MP and make sure all is okay
    6. now I moved my [name].xml catalog to the server, and changed the path to that catalog xml inside the MyFilms config as well as the ACM Updater to that UNC path on the server.
    7. then I saved the ACM Updater config to the networkstore and updated the shortcut on the desktop to point to that file
    8. now I ran MP again to make sure everything is still working
    9. After that I installed MyFilms on the other clients, ran it once, and then copied over the MyFilms.xml from the first HTPC.

Last edited:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ah, forgotten to mention that I also have the "Configuration" sitting on the networkstore.

These are the values i changed in my MediaPortalDirs.xml.

Database and Thumbs Dir's are shared. For Config and Log each HTPC has his own folder on the networkstorage.
    I moved that there because I do backups of my configurations, and that is easiest on the server. Logs I have on the server just to be able to check them from work when the HTPC is offline and I need some log for something. :)

<Config>
    <!-- The Path were all the Config files are located (mediaportal.xml, etc.) -->
    <Dir id = "Config">
    <Path>\\mainframe\htpc\Configurations\HTPC1\Config</Path>
    </Dir>

<!-- The Path were the log files should be written to -->
    <Dir id = "Log">
    <Path>\\mainframe\htpc\Configurations\HTPC1\Log\</Path>
    </Dir>

<!-- The Path for the databases -->
    <Dir id = "Database">
    <Path>\\mainframe\HTPC\Configurations\General\Database\</Path>
    </Dir>

<!-- The Path for the Thumbs, like Music Cover Art, TV Logos, etc. -->
    <Dir id = "Thumbs">
    <Path>\\mainframe\htpc\Configurations\General\Thumbs\</Path>
    </Dir>

Last edited:

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Ok, left the database local, and set the other folders to the NAS.

Getting this now tho :-

25/06/2013 15:04:41 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing 10 (1979)\10 (1979).mkv : The given path's format is not supported., at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at AMCUpdater.AntRecord.ProcessFile(ProcessModeNames ProcessMode)
    25/06/2013 15:05:05 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing 127 Hours (2010)\127 Hours (2010).mkv : The given path's format is not supported., at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
    at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at AMCUpdater.AntRecord.ProcessFile(ProcessModeNames ProcessMode)
    25/06/2013 15:05:09 - Halting Operation by user request - Please Wait.
    25/06/2013 15:05:11 - ErrorEvent : ErrorEvent importing 1408 (2007)\1408 (2007).mkv : The given path's format is not supported., at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
    at AMCUpdater.AntRecord.ProcessFile(ProcessModeNames ProcessMode)[DOUBLEPOST=1372169521][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind, that was because I didn't have relative path defined.

Now to try again!

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Still the same problem with the database in the default local location. It's writing the films to the database, but then in MP says I have no movies...

Arggggh!!!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Still the same problem with the database in the default local location. It's writing the films to the database, but then in MP says I have no movies...

Arggggh!!!
    Did you check the view configuration?
    Maybe you are in a view that filters for i.e. movies from year 2013 and you have none.
    You need to have "films" (I think thats what it was called) as view so it shows all films

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Yeah, it's not that - even if I select films, it says I have none.

Also, if I press to save the config in MyFilms setup I get that
    Code:
    Your XML file is valid with 0 Movie in your database but no Movie to display, you have to change the 'User defined Config Filter' or fill your database with AMCUpdater, AMC or your compatible software
    error message..

It's driving me mad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom