Central Database? (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yeah, it's not that - even if I select films, it says I have none.

Also, if I press to save the config in MyFilms setup I get that
    Code:
    Your XML file is valid with 0 Movie in your database but no Movie to display, you have to change the 'User defined Config Filter' or fill your database with AMCUpdater, AMC or your compatible software
    error message..

It's driving me mad!
    The ACM config you posted earlier can't work (don't know if you attached the right one) because it does not have the movie path inside, nor the path to the xml that stores all movie infos.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just installed a testversion here at work and I see exactly the same error you do.

The catalog/db xml is populated with movies, yet MyFilms setup tells me on save that there are 0 movies inside. Inside MP -> Films -> no movies to display.

Yet inside the AMC updater I can view all the films just fine. The path to the XML is also correct in the MyFilms setup. :confused:

Which version of MyFilms are you using?

@Guzzi @Dadeo ideas?

MyFilms Setup seems not to write a log anywhere?

Last edited:

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah.. That's good. And bad!

I'm using version 6.0.2.2791[DOUBLEPOST=1372172561][/DOUBLEPOST]Just in case it helps :-

Attachments

• MyFilms.zip
      32.5 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Here you go, finds no films even though it is reading the correct xml file.
    The AMCupdater config file is not the one used per default - you should have one named "MyFilmsAMCSettings_Movies.xml" - as you can have different ones per config you created in MyFilms (you currently only have one with name "Movies").

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    To be able to resume playback on all your clients, you must share the MP Databases between those clients since IIRC MyFilms uses the VideosDB to store that information.
    That is correct - MyFilms uses - as many other playback plugins - the VDB for resume information. I had it on my list to let MyFilms handle it within it's own DB - but that didn't yet happen. iirc, there is also no such request yet on google code ;-)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    The AMCupdater config file is not the one used per default - you should have one named "MyFilmsAMCSettings_Movies.xml" - as you can have different ones per config you created in MyFilms (you currently only have one with name "Movies").

Yeah, I attached the correct one in the second attachment - post #24

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    yeah first setup is a bitch (no offence guzzi :) ).
    I agree, that a network setup IS "a bitch" - we don't have wizard support for it and indeed it requires quite some understanding about it (unfortunately) ...
    It took me 5 or 8 attempts to get it working the way I want. Especially the updater drove me nuts because it would always take the wrong config file. :confused:
    I can confirm that - recently created a new additional config and stumpled myself on that ...
    The whole concept of MyFilms is also a challenge to wrap your head around first. :)
    It would help a lot, if we added a wizard for network setup. But it is quite some effort for only few users and once it is done, you don't need it anymore. That's why this always went down in the priority list - but yes, I can imagine that for sure many ppl try and just give up on it.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I don't have a problem getting my head around it - I think I understand the concept and the configuration. However it is just not doing what it should - even with a local install. It just refuses to see the movies which are in the database, even though it is importing them just fine. And I also have the issue with saving the config that it complains there are 0 movies.

(Same issue as Infinite Loop reported above)

:)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Yeah, I attached the correct one in the second attachment - post #24
    Your MyFilms konfig is still pointing to a local DB:
    Code:
      <entry name="AntCatalog">C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog\Movies.xml</entry>
    While you're probably updating the DB on the QNAP server (and yes, the catalog looks valid) - MyFilms config does not use this catalog - but the local one - and that one is empty ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom