Central Database? (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Post a screenshot of the general tab in setup - I am sure "Catalog file (XML)" points to your local path.
    (That's what the wizard does for a local install - it needs to be changed to your network path)
    If you read my very first post here ... it is usually the best to do the config in MyFilms properly first - then (re)create the AMCupdater konfig from import tab - this makes sure, most of your settings will be pushed to your AMCU konfig. Then you can tweak it to your personal needs.
    Alternatively, you could do it fully manually - which means to do setup in both parts.
    Setupwizard does all this for you only for a local (non network) install - but I also use the wizard first to create a basic install and then modify it for network usage, where necessary, as I prefer having all stuff preset...

Last edited:

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No, I am currently using a local database called movies.xml - I thought I would follow the advice above and get it working locally, and then copy the database to the QNAP.

Currently it is still using a local database, and it is not empty (it's the one I posted in the attachment above)[DOUBLEPOST=1372190775][/DOUBLEPOST]It makes no difference - even if I use the setup wizard and keep it as a local install for the database (but QNAp for pictures path, fanart etc) then the problem still occurs.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Just installed a testversion here at work and I see exactly the same error you do.

The catalog/db xml is populated with movies, yet MyFilms setup tells me on save that there are 0 movies inside. Inside MP -> Films -> no movies to display.

Yet inside the AMC updater I can view all the films just fine. The path to the XML is also correct in the MyFilms setup. :confused:
    .. that is a difference to psykix' setup - there it wasn't ...

Which version of MyFilms are you using?

@Guzzi @Dadeo ideas?
    Well, to understand, what and why something went wrong there, we'd need to reproduce the steps and know, what target config was desired. The wizard usually get's tested and works with the default values - it is possible, that there are some quirks for other config targets - most probably, it is something that was forgotten to change manually... looking at the wiki, we don't really have a "step-by-step-guide" ...
    MyFilms Setup seems not to write a log anywhere?
    No, setup does not write log. But looking at the resulting config files and MyFilms log usually tells all we need to know.
    And I do not question, that we would need a setup wizard (option) for network setup to make first time install easier ;-)
    If anyone adds it to the tracker, we can see, if we can collect enough votes for it ...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    No, I am currently using a local database called movies.xml - I thought I would follow the advice above and get it working locally, and then copy the database to the QNAP.

Currently it is still using a local database, and it is not empty (it's the one I posted in the attachment above)[DOUBLEPOST=1372190775][/DOUBLEPOST]It makes no difference - even if I use the setup wizard and keep it as a local install for the database (but QNAp for pictures path, fanart etc) then the problem still occurs.
    ok, understood, you've changed to local DB - will recreate your config here later and check.
    Question: Seems, you're using Win7+ - could it be related to limited user rights?
    Will come back later after I have done some stuff for work and checked your setup here...

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Just installed a testversion here at work and I see exactly the same error you do.

The catalog/db xml is populated with movies, yet MyFilms setup tells me on save that there are 0 movies inside. Inside MP -> Films -> no movies to display.

Yet inside the AMC updater I can view all the films just fine. The path to the XML is also correct in the MyFilms setup. :confused:
    .. that is a difference to psykix' setup - there it wasn't ...

That's the same as mine - I can see the movies in the AMC Updater, but trying to save config gives a 0 movies error, and there are no movies in MP.[DOUBLEPOST=1372191723][/DOUBLEPOST]

ok, understood, you've changed to local DB - will recreate your config here later and check.
    Question: Seems, you're using Win7+ - could it be related to limited user rights?
    Will come back later after I have done some stuff for work and checked your setup here...

I'm using Windows 8 - I've changed all permissions to full control for every group listed on the folder.

If it was a permissions issue, then it wouldn't be able to write the data to the movies.xml database.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Ok, have set up your config and DB and could confirm, that despite the DB HAS content, MyFilms tells, it has "0".
    The reason is:
    You've chosen "Translated Title" as master title.
    Movies are always counted by their master title (as listing show the mastertitle, so it must be "not empty").
    Unfortunately, the "TranslatedTitle" was empty for all movies in the DB - resulting in 0 movies with a mastertitle.
    Have seen, that you used "IMDB-TMDBcover" as grabber - this one is based on IMDB grabber.
    Unfiortunately, the IMDB grabber scripts are broken due to the changes, Amazon did - so need some love to be fixed.
    I already looked at the IMDB-Full grabber some days ago.
    Sorry, that this has hit you like that.
    If you want to continue "play with it" - just change the master title to "Original Title".
    You can change that any time later, once you grabber that info (you can update as well) - even from within the GUI options.
    I will work on the IMDB grabbers within the next time - once I updated them, you can update them online in the import tab.

Edit: Obviously this would never happen to ppl using english - so it's probably a good idea to let the grabber fallback to original title, if there is no translated title present. Will think about that when I check them ...

Last edited:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    At home I am using the nfo grabber because I have all my movies prepared with an nfo + fanart + cover etc. with EMM.

Guess thats why I did not have this issue at home, but at work when I tried with the OFDB grabber.

Btw. i noticed that I must use the option "Database Field -> Add Group Name to -> Both Titles". Otherwise the grouping does not work for me. Guess that also due to choosing "translated title" as primary, and per default AMC adds the group name only to the original title.

Last edited:

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Yay! I have it working on the network share. Thanks for the pointer Guzzi, and the input Infinite.Loop :)

Only thing now, is I have no cover art. Do I need to use something else to get that?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I am using the EmberMediaManager to download cover and fanart, as well as creating a nfo file that contains all information about the movie. So when I do an import in myFilms it will directly use that files on my networshare and import these - no online lookups.

It is a HUGE amount of work to do first, but you just save so much time when doing imports again - or with a different plugin.
    Migrating from MovingPictures to myFilms was extremelly easy because I had the nfo and fanart gfx already sitting on my networkstore alone with the videofiles. :D

IIRC the online lookup should already download fanart for you. I am not sure if the checkbox inside the AMC importer for that is checked by default, or if you have to check it manually. :confused:

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I have fanart (but it seems pretty low quality), just no cover art.

I've been having a look at Ember Media Manager, I'll give it a try. Is it automated after the first run? I was using MovingPictures, and that just grabbed the film and fanart, cover art etc on it's own as soon as a new movie was added to the movies folder.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom