Extensions: A GUI Plugin for MediaPortal's MPEI Installer (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just pushed up a new release 1.2.2, I noticed a error in someone's log with respect to logos so cleaned up some code and improved error handling.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just installed and tested that new version: all online views are empty :cry:
    wow, as in no list items? or no logos with the list items?

Can you roll back to previous build from MPEI Installer just incase it is something unrelated. Also attach your mediaportal.log after attempting to load the list and I will see if something obvious is going on.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just checked on my setup and I can reproduce no items loading for the Website categories so don't worry about logs. I will check if its a regression.

It might be because a website redesign as the website is scraped, there is no API as far as Im aware. You're other views should hopefully work like Installed Extensions, Online Extensions.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Okay, another update...the MP Website View needs a bit of work. I have it working such that you can view the contents of the categories but installing is another matter. Extension pages on the website can now have multiple links to the extensions e.g. 1.7, 1.6 releases. I will take a look at this later, I dont have time to look at it now.

For now, I recommend just using the other views as the MP Website view is not ideal anyway (im not entirely sure why it was implemented in the first place), sure you can install exe's but you might as well do that manually anyway. For plugin author's that don't submit their extensions, just keep bugging them until they do so they're available via the API views ;)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Okay, another update...the MP Website View needs a bit of work. I have it working such that you can view the contents of the categories but installing is another matter. Extension pages on the website can now have multiple links to the extensions e.g. 1.7, 1.6 releases. I will take a look at this later, I dont have time to look at it now.

For now, I recommend just using the other views as the MP Website view is not ideal anyway (im not entirely sure why it was implemented in the first place), sure you can install exe's but you might as well do that manually anyway. For plugin author's that don't submit their extensions, just keep bugging them until they do so they're available via the API views ;)
    Guess what, Mp site has an API. :D
    I've coded wrapper for in in Extensions plugin.
    If anyone want to test you need:
    1) backup original MPEIPlugin.dll
    2) Test website view
    3) If MP/MPEIHElper.exe is failing to install plugin:
    - backup MPEIHelper.exe (MP main directory)
    - replace it with attached exe.
    Thx @high for the info (y)
    P.s. Navigation a little bit broken (going to parent item will lead to root folder and so on) but don't judge me as I started coding yesterday :p

Attachments

• Extensions.zip
      67.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom