Frames Skin for MediaPortal 1.2.x [v1.2.7 - 29-09-2012] (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: Frames 1.1.5 for MediaPortal 1.2.x released

Hi ysmp,

I'm working ATM on a new release of the skin with updates for already supported plugins and support for new plugins. (The mentioned plugins will be supported ;) )

I will try to release the new version the coming week.

Cheers,

Hi Lbr_Lion , great news ... :) (you ware ofline for sometimes....)
    also may i sugest ,more promtion for Frames skin .... read her ...: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ou-were-sleeping-skins-1-a-102542/#post811228

i think many user don't even know how good is the skin ... ;) , if you can find time and contect "Lyfesaver74 -Public Relations" to promot the skin little more ...:)

:D

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: Frames 1.2.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.x released

Hello,

A new version of the Frames skin is released and the following updates are done:

Plugin support added for:

- IMDb+
    - YouTube.fm
    - mpNZB
    - yrWeather
    - World Weather
    - HTPCInfo
    - mvCentral

Also the existing plugin support is updated to be compatible to the latest versions (Trakt 1.3.0, TVSeries 3.1.3, ...)

Fanart support is added for MyMusic and music related plugins (Last.fm, Rockstar, mvCentral, ...) and a overlay is added for Fanart so it is less dominating and information is better readable.

Weather information on BasicHome/Home is now available via World Weather plugin (Replacement of weather via InfoService)

Notification icon (Bottom right corner) is visible when a new version of a installed extension is available including a extra 'Installation' button in the menu (Main screen of plugin).

Cheers,

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

Hi Lbr_Lion, Thanks for new version 1.2.0 , look good ...:)

some feedback from a quice look :
    1-in basichome the weather icon point to old weather plugin , i think better to point to worldweather (id 7977 insted id 2600).
    2-in world weather plugin all work good , exsapt the satilt images , the first one view o.k but rest not ,the botten change the title to next image but the image stay as the first one .
    3-yrWeather plugin many overlaping text , i work on new mod for this plugin with only 3 weather info like :Morning,Noon,Evening i think 3 time a day info is good enough , and lass taxt overlap, will send you link for the mod ...

4- Love what you did with YouTybe.fm plugin ... only one thing if you can move the weatch icon down next to rest icons, i find my selff looking up then down....all over the place... :D if they all in same place more easy on the eyes ...:)

:D

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi ysmp,

Thanks, See my feedback below.

1-in basichome the weather icon point to old weather plugin , i think better to point to worldweather (id 7977 insted id 2600).

I did think about this but forgot it at the end. (Will be done in a next release)

2-in world weather plugin all work good , exsapt the satilt images , the first one view o.k but rest not ,the botten change the title to next image but the image stay as the first one .

I did not mention this in the release mail, but due to that the plugin is still in a early development and not everything is working as I want. The other images will also display when you move to the previous or next button and move back to the image selection button. (The plugin does not support this button (yet) and it is not refreshed automaticly)

3-yrWeather plugin many overlaping text , i work on new mod for this plugin with only 3 weather info like :Morning,Noon,Evening i think 3 time a day info is good enough , and lass taxt overlap, will send you link for the mod ...

I don't see the issue of overlapping text (Tried also with different languages) so do you use another font or screen resolution?

4- Love what you did with YouTybe.fm plugin ... only one thing if you can move the weatch icon down next to rest icons, i find my selff looking up then down....all over the place... :D if they all in same place more easy on the eyes ...:)

In other plugins (Moving Pictures, TVSeries, ..) the wached icon is also placed at this location and want to keep the skin uniform. ;)

Cheers

mnemonic

Portal Member
    December 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Frames 1.2.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.x released

Hello lbr_lion,

your skin is quite comprehensive regarding plugin support. I'm really missing the MyPrograms application launcher. It would be great if you could integrate that or tell me about an alternative.

Best regards
    mnemonic

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Frames 1.2.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.x released

Hello lbr_lion,

your skin is quite comprehensive regarding plugin support. I'm really missing the MyPrograms application launcher. It would be great if you could integrate that or tell me about an alternative.

Best regards
    mnemonic

Hi mnemonic,

Please find attached the files for MyPrograms (Extract zip file to F:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Frames\).

I was not able to test everything but it should work :).

As alternative you can also use the MultiShortcut plugin or eventual MyEmulators

Cheers,

Attachments

• MyPrograms.zip
      19 KB

mnemonic

Portal Member
    December 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Frames 1.2.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.x released

Thanks Lbr_Lion,

the files work. Frames is now my default skin.

Are there ways to change the settings that are done during the installation later?
    Will myAnime be supported soon?

Best regards,
    mnemonic

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Frames 1.2.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.x released

mnemonic said:
    Are there ways to change the settings that are done during the installation later?

You can run the installer again and change the settings, or you can change it manual by renaming eg. mytvguide_8rows.xml or mytvguide_10rows to mytvguide.xml in the skin directory. (This is possible for: mytvguide.xml, mytvFullscreen.xml and TVMiniGuide.xml)

mnemonic said:
    Will myAnime be supported soon?

It is added to my todo list but I can not promise or it will be supported soon. (MyAnime3 is in alpha state and want to add support for this version)

Cheers,

bighick

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Love the skin. It is my new default since Avalon isn't been worked on anymore.

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,

A new version is released and the following updated are included:

Plugin support added for:

- MyPrograms
    - MyAnime2

Also existing plugin support is updated to be compatible to the latest versions:

- Trakt 1.3.1
    - WorldWeather 0.3.x (Hopefuly till 0.3.5 :))
    - Extension Plugin
    - MyScoreCenter

Also some other minor updates are included like support for BBCWeather in Home/Basichome (In combination with Infoservice plugin).

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom