Frames Skin for MediaPortal 1.2.x [v1.2.7 - 29-09-2012] (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Update to version 1.0.1 released

Thanks again for your excellent work.

However, some comments:

- Support for 10 rows TVMiniGuide Added
I selected 10 rows during installation (update), but I still do get only 8 rows. Anything I could have done wrong? Any way to change this now?

I did add also 'Information tags' for menu items and buttons/keys. (For the moment only in main screen of MyTV and MyMusic).
Please let me know what you think about this.
Excellent idea. But all tags are in English (with selected language German). Any way to translate these tags?

:D again.

Alfred

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
July 19, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: AW: Update to version 1.0.1 released

I selected 10 rows during installation (update), but I still do get only 8 rows. Anything I could have done wrong? Any way to change this now?

Strange, I tried several times to install the update and had no issues (Always the correct file was installed). The installer will not overwrite newer versions, so maybe you did edit the original file yesterday or today or the file is readonly?.
You can manual rename the TVMiniGuide_10rows.xml to TVMiniGuide.xml in the skin directory to change to 10 rows Guide.

Excellent idea. But all tags are in English (with selected language German). Any way to translate these tags?

I translated the tags not into German yet, because my knowledge of German is not that good. So any help is appreciated;)
The Original English (en-US.xml) and German (de.xml) language file can be found under: ...Skin/Frames/Translations/

Cheers,

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Frames for MediaPortal 1.2.0 [Update to version 1.0.1 released]

Hello,

Thanks for the very fine new release!

The 'Information tags' should be optional (durig Instalation for each Plugin ;) ). One of the highlights of this skin is it's simplicity! I would prefer to keep it as simple as possible!

A new thing / wish:
    Is it possible to modify the "Info Screen" (Information/Text of current programm) of TV, so it's allways expanded?

I would like to see the Programm description directly, without need to push "up arrow".

Thanks!

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Frames for MediaPortal 1.2.0 [Update to version 1.0.1 released]

The 'Information tags' should be optional (durig Instalation for each Plugin ;) ). One of the highlights of this skin is it's simplicity! I would prefer to keep it as simple as possible!

That is also the idea, but I did not figured out yet how to make it as option. :)

A new thing / wish:
    Is it possible to modify the "Info Screen" (Information/Text of current programm) of TV, so it's allways expanded?

I would like to see the Programm description directly, without need to push "up arrow".

Your wish is fulfilled :) I will add an option to installer so you can select between the original and expanded version. (See attachment for the expanded version)

Attachments

• mytvFullScreen.xml
      3.5 KB

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Update to version 1.0.1 released

Hi Lbr_Lion,

sorry for the late answer, I was quite busy the last days....

Strange, I tried several times to install the update and had no issues....
    Sorry, my fault; i mixed up EPG and MiniEPG, so I was looking to EPG only. Everything is and was ok with MiniEPG.

I translated the tags not into German yet, because my knowledge of German is not that good. So any help is appreciated;)
    The Original English (en-US.xml) and German (de.xml) language file can be found under: ...Skin/Frames/Translations/

I will be happy to help with the translations to German. However, I tried with a few texts (TV), and I did not see any change. I cleared the cache, changed the language... but no success. Anything I made wrong again?

Thanks again

Alfred

Attachments

• de.xml
      2.9 KB

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Update to version 1.0.1 released

I will be happy to help with the translations to German. However, I tried with a few texts (TV), and I did not see any change. I cleared the cache, changed the language... but no success. Anything I made wrong again?

Thanks again

Alfred

The file was not saved in UTF-8 format, but in ANSI so the skin translation plugin could not read the file. (My fault:oops:)

In the mean time I did add some translations for German with Google translate so you will have already a start for the others:)

Attachments

• de.xml
      3.4 KB

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Update to version 1.0.1 released

In the mean time I did add some translations for German with Google translate so you will have already a start for the others:)
    Hi Lbr_Lion,
    attached my version of the translations (I changed yours). To my opinion it is better, others might have a different opinion...:p . So use if if you want or leave it if you don't.

If you need some more help in translations... anytime.

Alfred

Attachments

• de.xml
      3.2 KB

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Help requested for Infotag translations

Hello,

I am looking for help on translating the 'infotag' labels for menu items.

'Infotags' will be an option in the Frames skin to display extra information about menu items and buttons to use for eg. artist/album info.

At the moment Dutch and English are up-to-date and German is partly up-to-date (Thanks AlfredENeuma)

May I kindly ask you to use the attached English file to translate the file to your language or use the German file to update it with the latest translations. (Can be done with Notepad)

:D

Attachments

• en-US.xml
      11 KB
    • de.xml
      11 KB

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Help requested for Infotag translations

Hi Lbr_Lion (and all others),

I will do the German translations (within the next days).

Alfred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom