Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I dropped a quick letter to the nice folks at Hauppauge, and they included us in their 3rd party support for the Colossus -> Support for Colossus

Maybe we can drive some of those Sage users back to MediaPortal :)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Wow, good idea.
    I'm glad they decided to post the info on their site.
    The more users for MP the better :)

How did your rebuild go? Everything working good? Issues?

I am having issues with my SPDIF connection. Yesterday I thought I would toy around with Dobly Digital to see how it worked, and when I disconnected the RCA cables & connected the SPDIF cable there was no audio. Im not quite sure if its a TV server issue or client issue. The Colossus puts out AAC instead of AC3 audio and the audio track was showing as UNK (UNK) AAC. Im not sure if the client didnt recognize the stream or if the TV server was not correctly picking up the right pin. I will play with it more later this week or this weekend.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    How did your rebuild go? Everything working good? Issues?

It wasn't without issues. HD-PVR and Colossus wise it was though which is good.
    I have a few issues with certain plugins. Which is to be expected when getting svn builds.
    I just can't wait to have the patched PVR code in SVN so we get a little more freedom on which build to use.

I haven't gotten to the point of testing AC3 yet, I'll try it tonight to see if it works.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It appears that mm1352000 created a Mantis issue for the HD-PVR yesterday -> 0003457: The Hauppauge HDPVR does not work with current SVN. - MediaPortal Bugtracker. Hopefully that means he will be commiting his code soon. I will post my Colossus patches tonight so he or Mister D can pick those up and commit them as well.

Wile E.

Excellent!
    BTW, I didn't get a chance to test AC3 last night. Monday we have lots of shows to record. And of course, everything was working fine until one of my wife's shows was recording and there was no audio. When I looked at the graph the Colossus was switched to SPDIF and appeared to do that on it's own. Have you had that happend before?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Excellent!
    BTW, I didn't get a chance to test AC3 last night. Monday we have lots of shows to record. And of course, everything was working fine until one of my wife's shows was recording and there was no audio. When I looked at the graph the Colossus was switched to SPDIF and appeared to do that on it's own. Have you had that happend before?

Ouch :(

No, I havent had that happen. I have had SPDIF working, but it was with the 27557 SVN, not the current 27643 version I'm using now. I'm not sure what happened, but I hope to have time later this week to tackle it.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Are you testing with HD-PVR and Colossus at the same time?
    I'm thinking maybe it was because both were recording and somehow the setting for Colossus got switched.
    This was the first time I saw this happen and also the first time I had 2 recordings at the same time.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Are you testing with HD-PVR and Colossus at the same time?
    I'm thinking maybe it was because both were recording and somehow the setting for Colossus got switched.
    This was the first time I saw this happen and also the first time I had 2 recordings at the same time.

Yes, currently I have one HD-PVR & one Colossus, and unfortunately I have had many recordings at the same time (usually around prime time.) I just recently plugged my Time Warener Cable into my HVR-1600 to get QAM locals, that helps with most of the recordings, freeing up one STB.

I created new classes for the Colossus in the project. The Crossbar, Encoder & Capture devices are all specific to the Colossus, so it shouldn't have anything to do with the HD-PVR & Colossus running at the same time (keyword shouldnt ;) ) This is what I want to do more investigating.

BTW, are you able to capture graphs from the Tv Server? I can only capture graphs from the Client, so I cant see the Crossbar, etc... Which graphing tool are you using? I use Graphedit from Shark007...

RunningBlind

Portal Member
    April 6, 2011
    First off I'd like to thank you for your efforts, however compiling from the SVN isn't viable for most people. It's not a big deal for me, but there are going to be just as many redirected from Hauppauge's website looking for a media center solution that don't have a clue where to start. You aren't going to pull many people from Sage by requiring them to build from the SVN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom