Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (3 Viewers)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I noticed that pausing issue my wife was telling me about last night. It seems to be on playback and not recording because skipping back and playing the same sequence was working fine after, so that is kind of good news.
    I'm using Win7 codecs with ffdshow for audio so maybe I'll need to tweak the codecs a little bit.
    I also don't have a clue on how to interpret the data from shift-1 screen. So I can't help on that.
    Has anyone ever tried the MediaPortal Audio renderer ? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/mediaportal-audio-renderer-better-video-playback-quality-84441/
    I wonder if that could help with the stutter and audio drift.

This is a stupid question, but you did install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package before installing the SVN?

I never considered the MP Audio Renderer simply because it doesnt support bitstreaming...

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I did. I think I did 1.2 beta, which requires c++ runtime to be installed and then I ran the svn build.
    About MP audio renderer, you could argue that you don't need bitstream because we can only get stable timeshifting with stereo.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    About MP audio renderer, you could argue that you don't need bitstream because we can only get stable timeshifting with stereo.

True, but I bitstream my ts files that are forced to use the same settings as the TV Client (Codecs, Renderer, etc...) If I dont have bitstreaming for my TS files, I dont get DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    wilee

I've done all the refactoring that I want to do now with the the HDPVRChannel code. I basically haven't touched TVCardHDPVR as it is much more complex/customised. Are you running latest SVN, and would you be able to confirm that the code patch still works? If that can be done then I will be able to commit...

Attachments

• TVLibrary[HDPVR_27798].zip
      157.5 KB
    • HDPVR[27798].patch
      23.8 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Thanks mm1352000!
    I will install the latest SVN tonight, copy over your patch and I will let you know if there are any issues.

Further, I will check my code against yours and submit a Colossus patch to you for commit (if you would do that for me?)

Thanks again!
    Wile E

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    @WileE

I've done all the refactoring that I want to do now with the the HDPVRChannel code. I basically haven't touched TVCardHDPVR as it is much more complex/customised. Are you running latest SVN, and would you be able to confirm that the code patch still works? If that can be done then I will be able to commit...

Hey mm1352000,
    Unfortunately that build doesnt work... I have attached my logs.

Thanks

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    mm1352000,
    The error you see in the logs files has to do with the variable 'channel' attempting to be cast to DVBBaseChannel. IChannel to DVBBaseChannel is not a direct cast...

Code:
        private Int32 GetNewSubChannel(IChannel channel)
        {
          // The HDPVR delivers a DVB stream with a single service on a fixed
          // service ID with a fixed PMT PID.
          DVBBaseChannel ch = channel as DVBBaseChannel;

I hope that helps...

Wile E.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

I figured that could be a problem, and it has been an awkward one to work around. Please could you try this build...

Attachments

• TVLibrary(v0.2)[HDPVR_27798].zip
      157.5 KB
    • HDPVR(v0.2)[27798].patch
      26.1 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hi again

I figured that could be a problem, and it has been an awkward one to work around. Please could you try this build...

Much closer... it tunes the first channel, but when it trys the second it gets a no PMT.

Logs attached...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Much closer... it tunes the first channel, but when it trys the second it gets a no PMT.

Logs attached...
    Hmm, okay. I'll have to take a look at that this evening (6 hours) because I'm at work now. I'd also like to know why a retune is done - technically it shouldn't be necessary with the HDPVR...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom