Idea Collection thread (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    AW: Idea Collection thread

Hi Helmut, thanks for looking inti it.

If the site is still down when you are back, please send me a pm with your email. I'll send you the script then.

tomtom

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Would it be possible to include an option to modify the search paramaters used to grab the album cover art?

I have my double CD's tagged in the album tag with (1 of 2) and (2 of 2) on the end of the album name, to make sure both "discs" appear separately in the music view. This usually throws the album cover art grabber, and I get no results, until I re-tag the album without the suffix. An option to modify the search parameters, both when album art is returned, and when no album art is returned (more important) would be good.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Here are a few wishes, prompted by a recent experience. I just ripped an opera from 3 CDs with 73 tracks and tried to find Cover Art for it using MPTagThat.
    I only needed to download one picture (the album cover), but since I had the whole directory selected, MPTagThat insisted on scanning each track for a picture. It would be nice to have:
    1. some way to tell MPTagThat to just find a folder thumb for the directory instead of tagging each file
    2. a dialog button to "Cancel All", instead of having to individually cancel each of the 73 individual searches
    3. keyboard shortcuts for all dialog buttons (e.g. "C" or "Alt-C" for "Cancel")
    4. consistent default selection of one of the buttons (e.g. "Cancel") in each dialog
    5. consistent sequential selection nof dialog buttons using the "TAB" key
    :D for MPTagThat and all of your great contributions to MediaPortal

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    in Preferences -> Tags - Lyrics / Cover you have an option "Embed existing folder thumb on cover search"

if you have a folder.jpg then this will be used instead of looking up the internet. Will still put the cover into the file tough.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Will still put the cover into the file tough.
    Yeah, I prefer to keep the graphics external, so an option to not add the cover to the tags would be nice.
    :D again for the great work!

Guijar

September 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello!!

firs I must say that my english is horrible, so sorry for my bad use of it hehehehe.

My suggestion is this:

I have a huge library of Mp3 with wrong tags. When I try to search for tags of all of my files MPTagThat stops every time it finds various albums for the same song or similar things. I think it must be much useful that firstly it search and update all files that it can find and when it finishes MPTagThat asks you for the incidences it has find so I haven´t have to stand in front of my PC while it tags aaaaaall of my files.

Other thing i think would be possitive is to integrate other music databases for the search engine (Discogs.com and some like this).

Well, i hope i have explain my suggestions succesfully.

Regards.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'd like be able to add local album art for more than one file at a time. Would it be possible to add a "browse" button under the "get artwork from online" or even better, when online artwork isn't found get a question: "use folder.jpg as artwork"?

Thanks
    Emph

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There is an option in Preferences -> Tags -> Lyrics/Covers, which, when checked, uses an existing folder.jpg instead of searching the web.
    Would this satisfy your needs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom