Intelligent Frame Correction 2.0 *BEAST UNLEASHED* (2 Viewers)

driver140771

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Intelligent Frame Correction 2.0 *BEAST UNLEASHED*

Funktioniert bei mir :D
    --Works for me--

Attachments

• IFC_Settings.zip
      30.6 KB

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I tested IFC now for 2 days on MP 1.1 and went back to ViewModeSwitcher (VMS).

This was kind of a decision based on my taste only. I prefer the logics of VMS. I don`t see the necessity of cropping anything of the picture. Switching the view mode alone does what I need. I had the feeling that VMS kicks in faster any is more steady (no streching in-and-out every few seconds as with IFC). I have the feeling that IFC is a technical overkill for a quite simple task as summarized here:

I have a 16:9 TV.
    16:9 with 16:9 content -> should be left untouched -> VMS does it
    16:9 with 21:9 content -> ideally should be "vertical smart streched", no plugin can that -> should be left untouched -> VMS does that
    4:3 with 16:9 content letterboxed -> should be simply zoomed in -> VMS does that
    4:3 with 4:3 content -> should be horizontal smart streched -> VMS does that
    I have never seen 16:9 with 4:3 content -> no need for algorhythm
    16:9 HDTV -> should be left untouched, not even scanned -> VMS does that

what I would use: vertical smart stretch, which is not supported by MP (only horizontal). But this is not a plugng problem but one of MP.
    I mean: 21:9 content in 16:9 -> slight zoom-in (ca. 5 %), rest of black bars should be eliminated by streching the upper and lower parts of the picture, leaving the middle without distorsion.

Thanks anyway, good plugin!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Intelligent Frame Correction 2.0 *BEAST UNLEASHED*

I have never seen 16:9 with 4:3 content -> no need for algorhythm
    You don't watch enough TV :) There are a lot of 4:3 shows, especially on Arte HD. Some old series from the 60's for example.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!
    Marvelous plugin.:D I got a problen though. In some TV shows they put the subtitles half in the picture, and half in the black field under the picture. The plugin doesn't "see" the subs, and cuts one of the lines. Is there something that can be solved? I dont now what parameters I should change, and to what value.

Greateful for help:D

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi!
    Marvelous plugin.:D I got a problen though. In some TV shows they put the subtitles half in the picture, and half in the black field under the picture. The plugin doesn't "see" the subs, and cuts one of the lines. Is there something that can be solved? I dont now what parameters I should change, and to what value.

Greateful for help:D

See earlier post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/i-f-c-intelligent-frame-correction-512/intelligent-frame-correction-2-0-beast-unleashed-81898/index3.html#post616805

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi Marvman
    Please bring back "disable for HD" and "Disable for video" options in next version
    I prefer to use ifc only for tv.
    :D

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How do I prevent the plugin from stripping a part of the right of the broadcast while keeping the left part?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom