IR Server Suite - Public Test Version (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaticMan

Portal Pro
May 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Any update on the next release? I desperately need the updated remote learning.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's all in place, but I'm struggling to get it to detect the carrier frequency of the IR signal coming in. I can release a version with slightly better IR handling, but I want to get it all working in one go... maybe I should just get something out there in the mean time ...

Gimme a couple of days and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

StaticMan

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well after about 20 failed tries on IR codes from the internet, I've finally found a set that works. IR blasting is now working perfectly. Awesome.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Canada
    Hmmmmm

I hate to ask.
    But how did you get that file to work.
    Its a single .ir file where as the others that come with the plugin are individual ones with a front end xml file to point out how to use the .ir files. Can I ask if you created one if so how. I have tried and it gives me errors all the time. If you could let me know I would appreciate it.

Cheers

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sage uses the same ".IR" extension, but it bundles all the codes into one. If I had of known this at the time I would have given my IR files a different extension (which I might still do).

If you open up the Sage .IR file you'll soon see what's going on. You just need to grab the codes for each digit and save them in a separate file .IR file.

I've attached the Dish 301 files that I found in the above mentioned thread so you don't have to do it yourself.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

vberruyer

February 1, 2007
    HDD access dramaticaly slow down

First of all many thanks for this long awaited extension (I using TVE3 and USBUIRT).

I just discovered what seems to be a bug (at least on my computer).
    Since several days I had the feeling my computer was quit very slow (I initialy thought about a HDD issue).
    Tonight I had to move 90Gig of files from one of my HDD (ATA) to another one (SATA) and I had about a 3 or 4Mo/s of transfert rate (anouncement of 180min to copy the 90Gigs). :mad:

I decided to try to stop most of the process running on my PC, none of them change my transfert rate issue EXCEPT when I stopped the IRServer.exe !
    Suddently my transfert bounce to 35Mo/s (about 30min to copy the 90Gigs) which seems far better ! :D

I tried to start again the IRServer and my transfert rate goes immediatly down to 3/4Mo/s. :mad:
    I stopped it again... goes up to 35Mo/s.

What is weired is that when I look at the Windows tasks manager the IRServer.exe task is always at 0%, so my issue is not due to a CPU problem linked to the process. :confused:

Does anyone had the same issue ?
    Any idea ?

Vincent

Info : P4 2.5Ghz - 1 Go RAM - WinXP SP2 - MP SVN - IR Suite of July 19 (latest)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    vberruyer:

That's really weird, almost like the IR Server is using the hard disk, which it shouldn't be.

Most people are using the MCE remote device with the IR Server and it hasn't been mentioned before, so maybe it's something to do with my USBUIRT code ... I'll plug in my USBUIRT and see if I can duplicate the problem...

Cheers,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom