IR Server Suite - Public Test Version (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vberruyer

February 1, 2007
HDD access dramaticaly slow down

Aaron,

I made some more tests today and I'm really not sure my issue is linked with IRServer.

Just to explain, I was using for a long time EventGhost to launch MediaPortal using my remote control.
Now I also use IRServer (to control MP) but I still let EventGhost to launch MP.

In fact my HDD transfert rate issue occurs whenever EventGhost OR IRServer (or both) is running !!
It seems the issue is related to programs using my USBUIRT device.
Either this issue is not related to your code at all (but on my USBUIRT and windows implementation) either you are not alone to make an error...

I know your TrayLauncher should do pretty the same as EventGhost but I've not been able to configure it since when I start the TrayLauncher setup I cannot specify the IRServer (the list is empty even if IRServer is running in background).
That's why I was continuing to use EventGhost which also has the interresting point to launch MP with, for exemple the power button of my remote, then wait for MP to exit before listning for any new buttons. This way I can use the same power button on my remote also to exit MP (in the IRServer config).

I'll try to dig into USBUIRT forums to see if other people had such issue.

Thanks
Vincent

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
And-81
Thanks ever so much for the file.
That solved part of the problem, if I run the plugin in TV3 and try to test it using the test button it goves me an error"Cannot process unregonised command "STB: Dish 301\1\Both\none" Parameter name: command.
However if I double click and get the blast command dialog box and press test it works and the channel on the STB actually changes. I thin this is good.
After that. I am lost.
I have a satelite pc which is working from a TV server prespective but not from a channel changing point of view.
I have the IR server running, its set to recieve and transmit s mp is installed on the server as well..not really planning on running it like that but it is right now setup.

The client device however does not change the channel at all.
I can't for the life of me figure out why.
Am I supposed to install the IR server or IR tray software on that machine as well.
I know its something I am doing but frankly I am at a lose. I can't find anything on how to actually install and set up. The help file doesn't help here.

I should add that I am clicking on a program in the epg and expect that it would change the channel on the STB. But no go.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    vberruyer:
    That could be a bug in TrayLauncher, so let me have a look at it and in the meantime you could try using the "Translator" app to do the same job.

RichardG:
    Basically, you need to install IR Server on the computer that has the IR device. Then the tv server plugin should send blast commands over the network (or locally) to the IR Server. If that's the way you've set it up and it's not working, take a look in the log files and see if there's any hints there (or send them to me and I'll take a look).

The thing about IR Server is that it doesn't matter where you install it, it just has to be on the computer that has the IR blaster device attached, you could have the IR blaster connected to either computer and because the software is network aware you just tell the plugins and programs where the server is and you're set.

I'll try to get some time this week to add more information to the help file.

Hope that helps,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New Version

There is a new version of IR Server Suite available at the start of this thread.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir_server_suite_public_test_version-t24849.html

This version marks a MAJOR upgrade to several aspects of the suite, but particularly to the MCE IR Device support.

The MCE device interface has been completely overhauled, which should result in more reliable learning and blasting of IR Commands.

It no longer uses my modified MceIr.dll which was originally authored by Bruno Fleurette (BurningZeRoad). I have written all new code in C# into the IR Server plugin for the MCE IR Device which supports both the replacement driver and the default Microsoft eHome driver.

No longer using any of Bruno Fleurette's original work is a bitter sweet moment for me. The Replacement driver itself is actually just a reference driver from the Microsoft Driver SDK (DDK) which I started recompiling against newer versions of the DDK a long time ago. But the real brains of the "Replacement Driver" is Bruno's MceIr.dll (MceIrApi) which I am now no longer using either. But it is what Bruno did in making the MceIr.dll that has made what I have done possible, without his work I would never have started this project. I am a dwarf standing on the shoulders of a giant.

The MCE plugin will now use correct IR Carrier frequencies when found in Pronto IR Commands. The old speed setting was just choosing between one of three IR Carrier frequencies. This change should greatly improve blasting accuracy when Pronto IR Commands are available. I hope to include this ability for Learned IR Commands in the future.

The MCE Keyboard is now supported when using the replacement driver, thanks to opy01 for his generous donation of an MCE Keyboard so I could develop this feature. See below for more information on MCE Keyboard (and mouse) support.

Translator app has had a lot of additional work put into it. New commands, new tray icon context menu, and many other improvements.

And there have been lots of little changes ... There have been so many small changes, from things like better default settings in plugins, to minor improvements in error handling, log file creation, etc ... I couldn't possibly list them all. All applications and plugins, in fact all aspects of the project have had code changed in them in the month since the last test version.

Please Note that you must do the following when installing the new version:
    1. Uninstall your previous version.
    2. Recreate all IR blast commands, the format has changed.
    3. Recreate all Serial commands, again, the format has changed.
    4. Recreate all Launch Program commands, you guessed it.

In the future I will try to make changes to command structures not break the old commands, but for now I can only appologise.

MCE Keyboard support

I really can't thank opy01 enough, his donation has made it possible for me to support the MCE Keyboard in very quick time. When you consider that opy01 is not a MediaPortal user, but in fact a SageTV user it is a very generous donation indeed.

There is one little bug left in the MCE Keyboard support (in the mouse support) that should be fixed really soon. I released this version knowing of this bug because it only effects the mouse support and I didn't want to hold out any longer on a feature that I've had working here for over two weeks :)

Please note that you need to configure the MCE Transceiver IR Server plugin to enable the MCE Keyboard and Mouse support. Or disable the MCE Keyboard and Mouse support in the plugin config if you are using the default eHome driver.

Please keep in mind that the software is still in constant testing, but I feel it is coming along Very nicely and I hope to make a "Release" version and put it on this web site's download section at the same time or just after MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 is released.

Cheers,

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Looking forward to trying this.

One thing: My current setup w/MCE Replacement Plugin (the IR Server Suite newer worked) is working OK (not grat, but OK).

How can I backup my current configuration for fast/easy restoring it, in case the new IR-SS does not work either?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Spragleknas:

Just disable the MCE Replacement Plugin in MediaPortal's configuration.

Then if the new version of IR Server Suite doesn't work (and you've posted here or sent me a PM and I've tried to fix it with no success ;)) you can uninstall it and re-enable MCE Replacement Plugin.

IR Server Suite won't interfere with MCE Replacement Plugin unless you try to use them both at the same time.

Even if you uninstall MCE Replacement Plugin it's configuration will remain so you can go back to it later.

I hope you can get IR Server Suite working, it's a lot better than MCE Replacement Plugin now and it's where most of my development effort is being directed.

Good luck,

RICHARDG:

Did you uninstall the last version first? You must uninstall the last version before you install this one.

The error you are seeing is because the old IgorPlug plugin is not compatible with the new version of the suite. Usually this plugin would be overwritten with the new version, but I have temporarily removed the IgorPlug support while I update it. And it should be removed when you uninstall the old version.

If you did uninstall first and the old IgorPlug file persisted then I appologise. You will need to manually remove the IR Server Plugins folder from the Program Files\IR Server Suite folder.

Cheers,

StaticMan

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Unfortunately I've had no success with the new server.
    When I try to learn codes, the server crashes, only a windows error:
    EventType clr20r3, P1 irserver.exe, P2 1.0.3.3, P3 46c84e3e, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 461eee3d, P7 1955, P8 31, P9 system.arguementexception, P10 NIL.
    I know it's crashed when I go to learn a new command and it times out in ~1s (instead of the 10,000ms I have it set for). After the crash, learning gives this error in the IR error log:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at MicrosoftMceTransceiver.MicrosoftTransceiver.Learn(Byte[]& data) at IRServer.IRServer.LearnIR().
    So I tried using the Dish 301 setup (Which what essentially is what I gave and was working great in the last version) and it doesn't blast properly.

Tonight I'm going to switch back to the old version, which was working perfectly for me. If there is anything you want me to check before reverting back, let me know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom