Maria DB instead of MySQL (1 Viewer)

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Mmm... the plot thickens.

Are you able to report your MariaDB version too ?

It could be a plugin. I only have a few...
WorldWeather.
Sleep Timer.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @Pablik Do you have any ideas?
    This is clearly related to the MySQL library. But we updated it. Or maybe it can be updated to a newer version. It seems to me that something similar was discussed in the MPSync thread.

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is a solution to this problem, highlighted on Stack Exchange for a different product.

Its to detect the null field / data and cast to a concrete type, as shown in the solution above.
    I'll refrain from posting more, until @Pablik has had half a chance to answer and contribute.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    @Pablik Do you have any ideas?
    This is clearly related to the MySQL library. But we updated it. Or maybe it can be updated to a newer version. It seems to me that something similar was discussed in the MPSync thread.
    The problem lies in 'information_schema' table. MariaDB has the uca1400* records without ID(null). When the MySql.Data.dll(not part of the MediaPortal) library is executing "SHOW COLLATIONS" cmd and subsequently reads the records, then rises exception when converting ID(null) to int32.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The problem lies in 'information_schema' table. MariaDB has the uca1400* records without ID(null). When the MySql.Data.dll(not part of the MediaPortal) library is executing "SHOW COLLATIONS" cmd and subsequently reads the records, then rises exception when converting ID(null) to int32.
    Can we somehow fix this on our side? We use the old Gentle library, but it uses the latest version of the MySQL library that I could find for our Framework.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    When the MySql.Data.dll(not part of the MediaPortal) library is executing "SHOW COLLATIONS" cmd and subsequently reads the records, then rises exception when converting ID(null) to int32
    I read about this problem, everyone writes that the easiest way is to switch from MySql.Data.MySqlClient to MySqlConnector.
    I wonder how difficult this is for us at the moment. But if we switch, they promise an increase in speed and stability. Overall an interesting option.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I found this information. @Pablik , can we use it somehow?

This is where it gets interesting:

Users who are viewing this thread