MPTagThat - The Mediaportal Tag Editor (1 Viewer)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Excellent!

Just found the setting and configured a few other options will I was at it. :D

Thanks for a great product! :D

J.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I'm new to this little program. It seems to work ok for my needs, but I'm missing one crucial feature. Or I didn't find it yet. :)

I want to rename my folders according to the tag information. Is this possible with MPTagthat? :D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

I'm new to this little program. It seems to work ok for my needs, but I'm missing one crucial feature. Or I didn't find it yet. :)

I want to rename my folders according to the tag information. Is this possible with MPTagthat? :D

Sure, you would select the files and use the "Organise" functions.
    Select the format you want to have. e.g.
    \<A>\<Y> <B>\<K> - <T>

when you "Move" the files inside organise, it'll create the files at the new place in the form:
    \artist\2012 album\01 - Title

I'm not sure, if the "Rename" <Ctrl-R> can do the same. not on my dev pc and i personally use always Organize to do that.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Sure, you would select the files and use the "Organise" functions.
    Select the format you want to have. e.g.
    \<A>\<Y> <B>\<K> - <T>

when you "Move" the files inside organise, it'll create the files at the new place in the form:
    \artist\2012 album\01 - Title

I'm not sure, if the "Rename" <Ctrl-R> can do the same. not on my dev pc and i personally use always Organize to do that.

That did the trick. I was a little bit confused, because I first used tagscanner. In there the actual folder gets renamed. In here the whole folder gets moved and renamed. Just a slight difference, but this method is even better! :D for helping!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    hwahrmann,
    Many thanks for the new version. It's amazing how much functionality you have packed into it!
    In reviewing the settings, I noticed some minor spelling errors in the English version:
    "Ripping" is spelled correctly in the heading "Ripping/Conversion", but is spelled "Riping" 3x at the bottom of the "General" section.​
    I was scouring the settings in hope of finding a way to increase the size of the music sample used to "Identify File"s as I have been getting quite a few "false positive" IDs. Attached is a particularly humorous example. The track in question is actually "It's a Man's World" performed by James Brown. It is particularly funny that the albums offered are mostly plausible, despite the incorrect identification of the track. What would a track by "Los Bravos" be doing on "The Very Best of James Brown"? Would it be possible to implement some kind of "plausibility check" in MpTagThat to prevent such self-contradictory results, or are you depending strictly on the information provided by the MusicBrainz API? I can imagine that such a plausibility check, even if possible, might be non-trivial, but would it at least be possible to have the option of using a larger sample to generate the hash? I would be willing to wait longer for the results, if it reduces the number of erroneous matches.

Attachments

• MPTagThatIdentify.png
      MPTagThatIdentify.png
      12.6 KB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for the info. "Riping" means indeed something else.
    I'm relying totally on the Musicbrainz API for the moment.
    If tried to increase te time for the fingerprint sample, but got the same result every time. Let me experiment a bit.
    Maybe i'll find something.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    When I was briefly logged in in German, I noticed the spelling "Riping" also in the German UI. Unfortunately, I no longer remember where.
    While recently attempting to use the "Identify File" function I got quite a few "bad references" (see attached screenshot). Obviously the files are there. Which reference is bad? Is it possible to have more user-intelligible messages? The last log is attached, in case that helps any. BTW, I also found it confusing that MPTagThat stores its logs under "AppData\Roaming" instead of under "ProgramData" like MediaPortal.

Attachments

• MPTagThatBadReferences.png
      MPTagThatBadReferences.png
      128.6 KB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    rsbrux said:
    When I was briefly logged in in German, I noticed the spelling "Riping" also in the German UI. Unfortunately, I no longer remember where.

Found and fixed them. Thanks again.

rsbrux said:
    While recently attempting to use the "Identify File" function I got quite a few "bad references" (see attached screenshot). Obviously the files are there. Which reference is bad? Is it possible to have more user-intelligible messages? The last log is attached, in case that helps any.

This is an error from my side. Seems to be a program error, because the log shows that the processing was fine.
    Need to insert more tracing for the next version.

rsbrux said:
    BTW, I also found it confusing that MPTagThat stores its logs under "AppData\Roaming" instead of under "ProgramData" like MediaPortal.

Well, MP is meant to be the main program on a HTPC and therefor it is installed for AllUsers.
    MPTagThat has different profiles for different users, who could be logged on to the same machine. And therefor it uses "AppData\Roaming", which is the correct place for doing that.
    I've included a reference to the log folder within the start menu group for that purpose

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi Helmut,
    I am trying out the newest version (3.1.3.0) under Windows 7 Pro x64, but it doesn't behave as expected.
    1. The context menu entry "Open folder in MPTagThat" opens MPTagThat, but the folder I selected to open the context menu is not selected in MPTagThat.
    2. The function "Datei Identifizieren" no longer seems to work. I have tried it with several different files, both singly and multiply, but apart from the brief appearance of the animated rotating circle "wait" icon, there is no apparent result.
    3. When I close the program (regardless of whether I use the "X" in the upper right of the window or the "Beenden" command in the menu) a Windows crash dialog appears. The details of one such crash are attached.
    Thanks for your efforts!

P.S. I also had a crash on starting MPTagThat from the context menu, details also attached.

Attachments

• MPTT-crash.txt
      872 bytes
    • MPTT-crash2.txt
      8.9 KB
    Last edited:

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i can confirm point 1 and 2. will have a look at it.

Does case 3 always happen, regardless on how you started the program?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom