Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wiki says:
    "Download covers from TMDB and display them all in My Films."
    How does it work? A cover is displayed randomly in films list? Where are them stored?

It's magic! :p

The covers are stored in the folder you select for Cover images on Artwork tab in Setup. They are named similar to fanart images (e.g. i.am.number.four [-1213360075].jpg). I'll try to make that clearer in Wiki, thanks.

So far they do not display randomly, however in Details Window you have an option on Context Menu to Change Cover. IIRC it also shows you how many covers are currently available for that film. So whenever you get bored with a cover, or don't like one, you can just download them all from TMDB and select one you prefer. Of course, you can always use the Update Feature to download a different cover from another website using a different grabber and then just choose to update the picture property. We do plan to have some grabbers just for nice covers, especially the hard to find ones that often are not on IMDB or other websites.

Why do I feel another feature request coming? ;)

EDIT: Updated Fanart and Covers Wiki page - can you let me know if that is clearer now?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi ysmp, thanks for testing PVD

What did you select as master title? If you selected Original Title, can you check either your exported xml or the PVD_tmp.xml and see if those missing records have Original Titles? That could be one reason they would not display. PVD has two Title fields, the main title is actually Translated Title while there is a sep field for Original Title. It is possible (depending how you created your PVD db) that you did not get Original Titles for all movies.

One quick way to check is to change Master Title to Translated TItle in My Films Setup on the General tab and save. Then see if it displays a different number of "movies to display with your... configuration"

Hi Dadeo !
    you corect this other missing movies was missing Original Titles .... sorry miss that ...:oops:

So i'm happy to say , the test with PVD Catalog Also work great with new MF ...:)

:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    you corect this other missing movies was missing Original Titles .... sorry miss that ...:oops:
    NP ysmp - guess how I knew? I ran into the same issue when testing PVD :p. It's always difficult to test an app you don't know that well. I really tried to find 'expert' users to test all the external catalogs, like you and alexchini and gianlk kindly did for EAX, XMM and DVD Profiler. I did contact Nostradamus6 (the developer of PVD) and he said he would give MF with PVD a good test once beta is released.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    NP ysmp - guess how I knew? I ran into the same issue when testing PVD :p. It's always difficult to test an app you don't know that well. I really tried to find 'expert' users to test all the external catalogs, like you and alexchini and gianlk kindly did for EAX, XMM and DVD Profiler. I did contact Nostradamus6 (the developer of PVD) and he said he would give MF with PVD a good test once beta is released.

hi Dadeo !
    well i dont know PVD as mach as i know Eaxmc , but i know it o.k .... ;) as i said work great all seams and look
    good ...:)

Abut Nostradamus .... i hope he will continu the devlop soon .....( thir was long breack on devlop .....:D )

Edit : and in 2 weeks i sposs to get the new Beta version of VD catalog to test and translet (then i will push to add it to MF ...:D )

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Abut Nostradamus .... i hope he will continu the devlop soon .....( thir was long breack on devlop .....:D )
    PVD site says he is back and working on v 1.0 :)
    Edit : and in 2 weeks i sposs to get the new Beta version of VD catalog to test and translet (then i will push to add it to MF ...:D )
    I am sure you will give it a good workout ysmp! And you have 'pull' so you might not have to 'push' too hard :D
    But a lot depends on how good the xml export file is and therefore how easy it is to add to MF.

Personally I would prefer if dino could get source code for EAX 3 for us. Because it supports xml db and I do like all the update features in MF GUI now! Why don't you fly to Turkey and get it for us? :p

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Personally I would prefer if dino could get source code for EAX 3 for us. Because it supports xml db and I do like all the update features in MF GUI now! Why don't you fly to Turkey and get it for us? :p

hi Dadeo !
    yep :) Eaxmc was by far the best movies catalog out there, i think me and dino know Zylar (the devloper)
    for abut 4 years and he was all time active in devlop , all do it was not open source he promise to keep it free, and he did.
    from time to time he was off devlop (do to work) he all time come back with big update ... untile last time he just gon out
    of the serfece of the earth , and no one can find him ..seans then ..... if i know ,sure i was asking him to open source it.

if you check the last version you have in Tools folder you will see Zylar mack a standalone plugin for MP and i was doing
    all the skins you see in skin folder , and alexchine was testing for us. the day befeor Zylar gon we still talk abut big updats
    for the plugin i even have the laytest plugin he mack 1 day after the relece of 29-5-2010 , but dont try it with MP 1.2B
    the plugin not update for 1.2b .....

dino was very active with eax forum with scraper and movies card (skins) but is not devloper and he also don't know were
    Zylar gon... he can only keep the scraper update so Eax will still work ...but for new devlop ...noting can do ...:confused:

abut VD the devloper will update and add option to be use with XML for MF (MP), XBMC , and WMC ... we alrady talk abut it
    and i send him samples for MF XML and the rest .... so in the futre it will be the Catalog to use ... thats why i help thir
    i wont it to be The Ultimate movie catalog for all movies & tv users ,to be use with all HTPC app'

at list i hope so... ;)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Started another DB and the results from AMCU started from global options on the client machine still don't show up in My films on the client machine unless i restart MP.

EDIT: Using MyFilms-5.0.1.1044(MP12).mpe1

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: My Films 5.0 alpha testing

Started another DB and the results from AMCU started from global options on the client machine still don't show up in My films on the client machine unless i restart MP.

Hi TLD,
    you mean they do not show up on the SAME machine (they should) or they do not show up on a DIFFERENT machine? (The latter is possible, as I introduced some caching). Can you test, if going to home and reentering MyFilms reads the (updated) DB?
    If you still have problems, please send the config files (MyFilms.xml) of the machines that are affected.
    Some general notes fo rcentralized setup:
    To get to the state, that you can just copy the MyFilms.XML to new clients, you need to have a config, that is accessible the same way from all clients. That is usually achived by using UNC-pathes. You can then put/store DB and all artwork on that storage location and it is accessible by all clients.
    If you then update data (import films) from one client - or a standalone AMCupdater), it should show up on all clients - when reentering MyFilms. If this is not the case, we have to think about a filesystemwatcher, that monitors changes and initiates a reload on the client. A restart of MP should not be necessary.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Re: My Films 5.0 alpha testing

Hi TLD,
    you mean they do not show up on the SAME machine (they should) or they do not show up on a DIFFERENT machine? (The latter is possible, as I introduced some caching). Can you test, if going to home and reentering MyFilms reads the (updated) DB?

The ANT Db is on the server machine. On the server machine i changed the MyFilms configuration to the UNC path of the new empty DB, covers, Fanart and personalPics folders, then i installed "MyFilms-5.0.1.1044(MP12).mpe1" I checked the MyFilms configuration to be sure everything was still setup as i wanted and it was so i saved the configuration.

On the client machine I uninstalled MyFilms including "MyFilms.xml", "MyFilmsAMCSettings.xml", "MyFilmsAMCSettings_Ted 1.xml", "MyFilmsLogos.xml", "MyFilmsSampleGrabber.xml" along with all MyFilms logs and MyFilms thumbs.

Then i installed "MyFilms-5.0.1.1044(MP12).mpe1" and copied the new "MyFilms.xml" from the server machine. Started MyFilms configuration and checked all settings to be sure they matched the settings of the server machine and they did except the AMCU which didn't have the paths the movie folders so i put the UNC paths to the the movie folders in AMCU and started it to see if the settings were the same as the AMCU on the server machine. I ran AMCU long enough to get 2 movies to be sure everything was working as expected and the ant db was updated as expected on the server machine.

I saved the AMCU configuration and the MyFilms configuration and started MP (still on the client machine), then started a global update the 2 movies that had been picked up when i ran AMCU when configuring were showing in MY Films, then i watched some recorded TV for 15 or 20 minutes, stopped that and went back to my Films to see how things were going. only the two movies that were originally there were showing so i checked the fanart folder on the server machine and there 15 fanart folders there so i stopped MP then started MP and the 15 new movies were showing in My Films.

At the moment the AMCU is still running when it is finished i will upload all "logs", "MyFilms.xml" and "MyFilmsAMCSettings_Ted 1.xml" from both machines.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    The HD of my MP PC is broken, I dont know when I will be able to continue testing :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom