My Films 5.0 alpha testing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Im gonna do asap some testings with hiearchy groups, they have several bugs in previous versions Does anyone more use these groups?

No fanart showed for groups in main window. And, when you go into the group, no fanart for the first movie until you go to the second item and back (like the bug I described for views). Same for the group name in the main window: u have to got to second item and back to get it displayed

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Im gonna do asap some testings with hiearchy groups, they have several bugs in previous versions Does anyone more use these groups?
    That would be awexome z3us. Thanks! I did some tests on hierarchy groups, mainly for some box sets like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, but they were pretty basic tests. So more thorouglh testing would be really good.
    No fanart showed for groups in main window. And, when you go into the group, no fanart for the first movie until you go to the second item and back (like the bug I described for views)
    Yeah no fanart for the group is expected because usually the group name does not match anythng on TMDB. You might be able to tweak that somehow? However, fanart should display on the first movie in the group, so that is an issue :(

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I added something while u answered, Dadeo.
    Re ;) Fanart : I think that in main screen, the groups should have the fanart of the first movie, just like the cover (or a random one of the films inside the groups)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I added something while u answered, Dadeo.
    Re ;) Fanart : I think that in main screen, the groups should have the fanart of the first movie, just like the cover (or a random one of the films inside the groups)

Was just going to post about this, i'm getting fanart at top layer in some hierarchy groups and not it others, looks like if the top layer is named exactly the same as the first movie then it has fanart. would be nice to have the fanart of the first movie in all.

Also noticed that then you have hierarchy groups the movie count goes down.

I'm also getting some movies identified as HD 720p when they are not the info in the detail A/V looks right though. I think it may be because the resolution is 720X480.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm also getting some movies identified as HD 720p when they are not the info in the detail A/V looks right though. I think it may be because the resolution is 720X480.
    Yes, the logo rules by default shows the logo "HD-720" if 720 is contained in the resolution field, but this is customizable by user

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Thanks z3us, is that in the My Films configuration..

While we're talking box sets is there any way to watch the entire box set without stopping between movies?

EDIT: Also is there a way to manually add fanart didn't see anything about it in the wiki.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Wiki says:
    "Download covers from TMDB and display them all in My Films."
    How does it work? A cover is displayed randomly in films list? Where are them stored?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Dadeo & Guzzi !

i find some free time and test MF with PVD Catalog V 1.0.1.0 Beta .

Guzzi :

only one problem when i save the confg' file i get this messege (see screen)
    with this test i have 25 movies in PVD DB , MF save and show only 9 movies out of 25 , in PVD_tmp.xml have all 25 movies,

i get in the massege : " Your XML file is valid with 25 movies in your database and 9 movies to display with your 'user defind config filter' configuration "

but as you see in the screen i did not put any thing in this field ,so MF sude show all 25 movies ... no ?

other then that, the 9 movies that show all info do show in MF , all fields are show corect ...:)

EDIT : FIX... some movies was missing Original Title

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Found the Fanart answer: "Once you select your Fanart path in Artwork Setup My Films will automatically create fanart folders for all your films. Then you can just copy existing fanart images to the appropriate folders."

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Dadeo & Guzzi !

i find some free time and test MF with PVD Catalog V 1.0.1.0 Beta .

Guzzi :

only one problem when i save the confg' file i get this messege (see screen)
    with this test i have 25 movies in PVD DB , MF save and show only 9 movies out of 25 , in PVD_tmp.xml have all 25 movies,

i get in the massege : " Your XML file is valid with 25 movies in your database and 9 movies to display with your 'user defind config filter' configuration "

but as you see in the screen i did not put any thing in this field ,so MF sude show all 25 movies ... no ?

other then that, the 9 movies that show all info do show in MF , all fields are show corect ...:)

if need logs file please let me know ( wich one ? )
    Hi ysmp, thanks for testing PVD

What did you select as master title? If you selected Original Title, can you check either your exported xml or the PVD_tmp.xml and see if those missing records have Original Titles? That could be one reason they would not display. PVD has two Title fields, the main title is actually Translated Title while there is a sep field for Original Title. It is possible (depending how you created your PVD db) that you did not get Original Titles for all movies.

One quick way to check is to change Master Title to Translated TItle in My Films Setup on the General tab and save. Then see if it displays a different number of "movies to display with your... configuration"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom