Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD:
    I cannot answer everything, especially about why your new movies are not displaying yet. Guzzi is checking logs. But I will answer what I can.

i thought that when i copied the "films.xml" to it it would do all the settings for an update.
    I assmue you mean MyFilms.xml - MF Config/Settings right? If so, you are correct, as you already discovered. The settings are 'synced' to AMCU (which has it's own settings file because it is a separate application) when you save your config in MF Setup. Just copying the file will not trigger that. Once you have customized internet lookup to use filename+lookup (in the AMC Updater section on Internet Grabbing tab in Setup) when you save config that setting SHOULD be saved in both MF and AMCU. So if it was not that is a serious bug.

I restarted the machine as AMC updater seemed to still be working because after i deleted the bad hits from the DB saved and then returned the bad hits were still there but restarting the client then deleting the bad hits worked.
    Yes AMCUpdater works in a background thread. So you have to stop it. You can do that on the Options Menu > Global Updates in MF GUI or in AMCU.

I just documented a lot of this in Wiki the other day under Updating AMC Data, so hopefully it will be a bit clearer now.

It would be nice if there was some indicator the the updater is running.
    Yeah I have been bugging Guzzi for that too (poor guy!) and it is on his list. He did add some dialogs for MF updates (Get Internet Info) in latest version (which you have not seen yet), as well as even more improvements for matching. Of course correct matching definitely depends on the quality of your folder or filenames (depending which method you use) - mainly if you have year in them. But you always have the option to do updates in AMCU where you can tell it to just ask you when there is no exact match. I found that method almost 100%.

I have tested the latest version now and unless Guzzi has more things he wishes to add I will send you a new link shortly. The whole process of updating in GUI is MUCH better now, and you can more easily 'fix' mismatches. Guzzi also added a new feature to display records with incomplete data so you can actually check and improve existing data. It's really cool! I have never seen such DB mgmt features in a media center plugin! If you are a DB maniac like me and want all your data consistent, complete and perfect, it is awesome. :D

@z3us - re Grabber Interface screen. Did you check in v1008? Guzzi did add a fix for that. Is it still an issue for you?

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @z3us - re Grabber Interface screen. Did you check in v1008? Guzzi did add a fix for that. Is it still an issue for you?

Yes, its still a issue. I tested several resolutions, but its always present.
    This with my habitual 1366x7698:
    95456538.png

aargh, I cant edit the post, edit button out

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi TLD:
    I cannot answer everything, especially about why your new movies are not displaying yet. Guzzi is checking logs. But I will answer what I can.

i thought that when i copied the "films.xml" to it it would do all the settings for an update.
    I assmue you mean MyFilms.xml - MF Config/Settings right? If so, you are correct, as you already discovered. The settings are 'synced' to AMCU (which has it's own settings file because it is a separate application) when you save your config in MF Setup. Just copying the file will not trigger that. Once you have customized internet lookup to use filename+lookup (in the AMC Updater section on Internet Grabbing tab in Setup) when you save config that setting SHOULD be saved in both MF and AMCU. So if it was not that is a serious bug.

Yes i meant when i copied MyFilms.xml to the client machine i thought the AMCU would be set to files as i already had changed all the AMCU settings on the server machine before copying the MyFilms.xml to the client, also the UNC paths to the movie files were not in the AMCU on the client machine.

I restarted the machine as AMC updater seemed to still be working because after i deleted the bad hits from the DB saved and then returned the bad hits were still there but restarting the client then deleting the bad hits worked.
    Yes AMCUpdater works in a background thread. So you have to stop it. You can do that on the Options Menu > Global Updates in MF GUI or in AMCU.

I just documented a lot of this in Wiki the other day under Updating AMC Data, so hopefully it will be a bit clearer now.

I'll check that out, I hope there is more information concerning updating with AMCU using the client machine when using the Centralized Data feature of My Films as i think it's going to be a popular feature.

It would be nice if there was some indicator the the updater is running.
    Yeah I have been bugging Guzzi for that too (poor guy!) and it is on his list. He did add some dialogs for MF updates (Get Internet Info) in latest version (which you have not seen yet), as well as even more improvements for matching. Of course correct matching definitely depends on the quality of your folder or filenames (depending which method you use) - mainly if you have year in them. But you always have the option to do updates in AMCU where you can tell it to just ask you when there is no exact match. I found that method almost 100%.

I have tested the latest version now and unless Guzzi has more things he wishes to add I will send you a new link shortly. The whole process of updating in GUI is MUCH better now, and you can more easily 'fix' mismatches. Guzzi also added a new feature to display records with incomplete data so you can actually check and improve existing data. It's really cool! I have never seen such DB mgmt features in a media center plugin! If you are a DB maniac like me and want all your data consistent, complete and perfect, it is awesome. :D

I will probably usually use the AMCU anyway because i have a lot of movies that are made in other countries so when the name comes back it a different language it is actually correct that is the original title but i like the title to match the cover with the English language and it easy to fix while working in AMCU stand alone program. It will be great to be able to add to records with incomplete data because like you it bothers me when the data isn't perfect.

Out of 637 movie files

Incorrect Match:
    Aeon Flux (2005) as Creating a World: Aeon Flux, should be: Æon Flux (2005) - IMDb
    10,000 B.C. (2008) as L.A. 10,000 B.C. Should be: 10,000 B.C. (2008) - IMDb
    2001 A Space Odyssey (1968) as ONE: A Space Odyssey, Should be: 2001: Odyssee im Weltraum (1968) - IMDb

16 no match and 5 are probably due to the way they are named.

6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : Indiana Jones The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : RED (2010).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : Code Name_ The Cleaner (2007).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : Shaun Of The Dead (2004).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (2005).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : Harry Potter (5) And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : Lord Of The Rings (2)- The TwoTowers (2002).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : Pirates Of The Caribbean (2)- Dead Mans Chest (2006).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : Pirates Of The Caribbean (3)- At World's End (2007).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : Hellraiser Deader.avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : (3)Alien 3 (1992).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : 10,000 B.C. (2008).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : 2001 A Space Odyssey (1968).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : Lost In Space (1998).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008).avi
    6/19/2011 4:48:10 PM - Orphaned File : Stagecoach (1966).avi

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    When I change to another view (no films view), the first item of the list does not display the thumb, until I move to the next item and return back

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes i meant when i copied MyFilms.xml to the client machine i thought the AMCU would be set to files as i already had changed all the AMCU settings on the server machine before copying the MyFilms.xml to the client, also the UNC paths to the movie files were not in the AMCU on the client machine.

I'll check that out, I hope there is more information concerning updating with AMCU using the client machine when using the Centralized Data feature of My Films as i think it's going to be a popular feature.
    I hope so too :D I do not have a server/client setup so could not test/document all that. But with your excellent testing/help, we should be able to 'perfect' that use case, and definitely document it. You can even help!

About the incorrect matches. I also reported some similar cases and I think some of those Guzzi has already fixed. Many of them are due to 'special' characters and punctuation. When you get the next version please test those films in particular - you should get better results on those.

I am sure you already figured out the best way to 'debug' matching is in AMCU using the matching dialog box that pops up. It shows you the possible matches as well as hints used to get recommended matches. If there is more than one recommended (which can happen when there is more than one film with almost the same name in the same year) then AMCU lets you decide which to choose. This is the main method I have used to report matching issues to Guzzi so he can make improvements. The logs contain a lot of the info, but in some cases if you can see the issue in the matching dialog it is even more helpful.

@Z3us - re grabber interface - :( no clue why it works for Guzzi and I but not for you, but hopefully Guzzi can figure it out. I can confirm your issue with thumbs not displaying on first item in view. Thanks for catching that. We'll definitely have to fix that!

:D guys

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    What do you mean with "re grabber interface"? Reinstall the app or update it?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    re = regarding

It's really cool to be able to put the IMDB ID # in the dialog box hint box and search IMDB when using the AMCU stand alone, works great. Thanks.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Now its known for me :). But I still have the problem :(

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    re = regarding

It's really cool to be able to put the IMDB ID # in the dialog box hint box and search IMDB when using the AMCU stand alone, works great. Thanks.

In the next version, the dialog box also has links to the IMDB page if you wish to click and check it. :D

Guzzi has added some 'fuzzy' matching logic as well to deal with the tricky titles with odd characters and punctuation. I am just testing it now, but will hopefully get that to you shortly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom