My small contribution I call - StreamTV (1 Viewer)

B4st0rd

April 13, 2008
works pretty well.
but i have some audio issues playing with VLC.
every now and then i think every 20 secs or so the audio skips for 10 milliseconds.
Don´t know if this is about re-sync or so.
Serving and Playing on the same machine. Even HD Content works Great.

Phunky

Portal Member
July 19, 2007
wow this seems like a very VERY interesting plugin, i would love to see how well this works streaming to my 360 as it could provide that missing link for a cheap front end solution that ive been looking for!

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Glad to see others using it and finding it good.

If you look around the forums there is a custom streamingserver.dll which changes it to a async I/O model which helps alot (though some of my tests I had issues genrally it worked alot better then the current one). I expect with the current release of Stream Tv it won't be a issue because I think it was to do with some of the changes I did.

Hopefully i'll get some time soon to do a bit of a update, i'm adding transcoding support and i'm testing the mux format, I found some interesting information about how the PS3 handles TS streams vs PS streams and well getting different results.

I'll probably offer a way to manually override the settings I have already so people can try for themselves and maybe reply something that works good.

Sadly I don't have the link at the moment to the streamingserver.dll but a quick search should fix that :)

Any reports of how it works would be appreciated so I can figure out what combination works well so I can setup defaults etc.

Also a feature I was thinking of adding was a way to have custom streams running on the one server eg. add a url parameter so it connects to a output doing flv while another doing a TS stream then also a way to add that onto the RSS feed (a parameter again for it I imagine).

Anyway a few things to look forward to I guess.

Oh finally if your wondering why I haven't put the source online yet working out all the licensing stuff is annoying and long :p But I should probably note that I did use the VideoLan.Interop library (with a few changes so I could use it as a service) but I don't think I put the license file for it in the archive :confused: sorry to the author i'll add that in the next release at least.

Cojo

Portal Member
September 1, 2004
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for a great plugin.
I have 2 requests that I want you to consider.

1. Put in to the rss feed what program that is running on each channel.
2. Possibility to set the resolution of the stream (maybe by a parameter in the url). This way I could use my smart phone to watch tv.

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
When I first made the plugin I tried to get the current show and crashed it good and proper because I didn't have the epg setup so I removed that to try and get it working. Its a feature I want to put back in.

As for the resolution I might even make the parameters customizable so you can use them in your own vlc command line (also offer a way to make the rss feed generate links with the custom command line). Another feature that doesn't require too much effort to implement so just gona have to see how it goes.

I hope to add a gui for setting up the command line later but there is alot of options and i'd prefer to spend my time on something else i'm making. So for now just a textbox.

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Ok thought i'd do a release since testing this more then I have is gona be hard for a while and I know a few people were interested in some of the features i've added.

Features Added:
Code:
Done a simple interface now to change the server settings
Transcoding support
Change the sout parameters eg. access type (http, rstp, etc.), mux type eg. (ts, ps, etc.), file extension and the mime type
Webserver port configurable

Still only uses the one port with vlc, I haven't worked on that yet.

I totally re-wrote the timeshifting module so hopefully it works but i'm not able to test that since tvserver doesn't work right in windows 7 (yes i've got it installed but without the directshow filter that is missing for BDA streaming i'm stuck). I have to fix my main mediaportal tvserver so I can test on it but that might take a while.

Also the config file has moved to "TvServer Folder\StreamTv\Resources.xml" and is automatically generated now so you don't have to worry about that anymore. If you hit save settings in the plugin menu it will overwrite that file so if you manually edit it keep that in mind. Feel free to get rid of the Data folder now if you use this version.

Also you might as well get rid of all the files from the pervious version since i've updated the filenames.

Anyway give it a shot and report back how things go and if you find a configuration that works with different devices. If enough are listed i'll setup a preset list and maybe even a custom url to load different presets or something.

Enjoy.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    This looks like a pretty neat plugin.

You mention in the first post that radio isn't working. Do you have any plans to get it working?

All my music and radio listening is done through various SqueezeBoxes, radio is pulled down from the internet. It would be really great if I could use one of my four DVB-T tuners to get BBC radio rather than use my internet bandwidth. They would also be higher quality streams :)

Valk

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can look into it since it probably won't be a big modification. I never planned or thought about radio at first but since its available :D.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Everyone seems to foget about radio :)

Thanks Valk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom