No TV Server Configuration (1 Viewer)

ldarms44

Portal Member
November 2, 2015
Huntsville, AL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
When I do a right click on "MediaPortalSetup_1.12.0_Final.exe" I get the following options: Open, Cut, Copy, Delete, and Properties. I do not get Run as Administrator. What am I doing wrong?

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
Did you extract the file first?

Edit:
Never mind, looks like you did.
Just to be sure, you have now 2 files, the zipped one and the unzipped one, right?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ldarm44, it would be nice if you gave more details about your system. What OS are you using, are you running from within a limited account? Please consider filling in details about your system specifications in your MP user profile and set them to visible.

Regarding the installation try to run from an admin account.

Last edited:

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    When I double click the zip, it looks like I get the exe but it's still not extracted. Right clicking the exe shows exactly what he describes.
    He has to extract it first.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So it sounds like the built in Windows unzip function is being used, and the installer (the EXE file!) may be marked as "from the internet" too.
    After unzipping: right click -> properties -> unblock.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    No, from the guy who has those problems.:cool:

When I do a right click on "MediaPortalSetup_1.12.0_Final.exe" I get the following options: Open, Cut, Copy, Delete, and Properties. I do not get Run as Administrator. What am I doing wrong?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Give the chap/lady a break - clearly new to whole concept and allow for timezone and personal needs here - not everyone is 24x7x365 like mm1352000 [and how in the name of Satan's bottom you manage that is beyond me, if I wore a hat to hide the criminal bald spot that's snuck on me in past 30yrs , I'd doff it to you and then some(y)

ldarms44 - please, if you've not done it, fill in [or ask for pointer too] your system details - it really does help.

TTFN - JCMP.

Users who are viewing this thread