[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (4 Viewers)

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here they are.
    Thanks!

Attachments

• Media-Box.zip
      1.8 KB
    • Media-PC.zip
      1.8 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Here they are.
    Thanks!

@Crix1990. Had a look at your setup and copy directions and paths look fine. What I noticed is that the version of the plugin on your Media-PC is old. I suggest you upgrade to the latest.

Also, I suggest you use Triggers instead of timestamp as mirroring is more efficient and accurate. If you would like to change to triggers, can you make sure that the date in the XML tag <entry name="last sync">2015-03-19 22:52:43</entry> on both machines, contains an old date so that during plugin initialization, it performs all the trigger setup, as otherwise it will assume that it is already done.

Once you apply these suggested changes please revert.

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What I've done:
    Clear the db_share folder
    Upgreade MPSync on Media-PC (Plugin manager shows 1.0.0.14 but I reinsall ist)
    Switch to sync by trigger at Media-PC.
    Edit last Sync to a date at year 2001.
    Sync (sync gets stuck afer a few minutes (about 40% I think) of thumbs syncing. Restart gets another 40%. Third ry makes the sync complete.

Switch over to Meida-Box
    Switch to sync by trigger.
    Edit last Sync to a date at year 2000.
    Sync

But still the Moving Pictures, MyTVSeries and mvCentral DBs shows empty at the config.
    When I try to enter by MePo, MyTVSeries and mvCentral shows empty. Moving Pictures gets me the message, that no paths are defined.

The size of the db3 files at Media-Box matches with them on Media-PC.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    What I've done:
    Clear the db_share folder
    Upgreade MPSync on Media-PC (Plugin manager shows 1.0.0.14 but I reinsall ist)
    Switch to sync by trigger at Media-PC.
    Edit last Sync to a date at year 2001.
    Sync (sync gets stuck afer a few minutes (about 40% I think) of thumbs syncing. Restart gets another 40%. Third ry makes the sync complete.

Switch over to Meida-Box
    Switch to sync by trigger.
    Edit last Sync to a date at year 2000.
    Sync

But still the Moving Pictures, MyTVSeries and mvCentral DBs shows empty at the config.
    When I try to enter by MePo, MyTVSeries and mvCentral shows empty. Moving Pictures gets me the message, that no paths are defined.

The size of the db3 files at Media-Box matches with them on Media-PC.

@Crix1990, can you make sure you check Debug on the plugin, change date again (please) and retry the synchronization from the plugin itself on both. When done, upload the respective logs so I can have a look.

Thanks

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've cleaned the DB_share and Thumbs of Media-PC (so you can see the second error (later more)).
    I've set old dates at the xmls (you will find each xml before the 1st sync with the logs).

Again, the 1st sync of Media-PC to the share stucks after a while, so I start a second which runs trough (I've get the feeling, that the stucking is just a display error).

Then I start the sync at Media-Box. The sync stucks also.
    I make a screenshot of the console. When I compare it to the log, it really seams, that the console just don't show the last entries (but there is no "Sync complete" message at the GUI that shows that the sync was completed).
    When I close the GUI I get a .Net error (just for your Information // I've added the message to the logs).
    Second sync runs trough pretty well, but same result as last time (no DB entries and the path error at Moving Pictures). Again, just the Music DB works.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I've cleaned the DB_share and Thumbs of Media-PC (so you can see the second error (later more)).
    I've set old dates at the xmls (you will find each xml before the 1st sync with the logs).

Again, the 1st sync of Media-PC to the share stucks after a while, so I start a second which runs trough (I've get the feeling, that the stucking is just a display error).

Then I start the sync at Media-Box. The sync stucks also.
    I make a screenshot of the console. When I compare it to the log, it really seams, that the console just don't show the last entries (but there is no "Sync complete" message at the GUI that shows that the sync was completed).
    When I close the GUI I get a .Net error (just for your Information // I've added the message to the logs).
    Second sync runs trough pretty well, but same result as last time (no DB entries and the path error at Moving Pictures). Again, just the Music DB works.

@Crix1990. Just on the Media-Box, can you remove, delete or move to a different folder, the existing databases and kick-off the sync again. Make sure the last sync date in the xml is in the past. This should copy the databases from the share as the share synch worked fine.

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Delte all in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database on Media-Box.
    Start sync (see logs), but there was no db3 exchange! (just the FanartHandler.org was copied).

Copy all DBs from the share manually.
    Can see and use the DBs in MePo at Media-Box, but no syncing (add a Movie at Media-PC and set a series episode to watched at Media-Box || wait half an hour -> nothing || make a lot of manual syncs -> nothing)

Attachments

• Media-Box.rar
      2.3 KB

benicehavefun

Portal Member
    September 12, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm trying to use MPSync for the first time on a three seat setup, to reduce the amount of downloading required for MPTVSeries and MovingPictures metadata and artwork. However, I'm getting the same error on all three PCs immediately after launching MPSync, from .NET Framework, regarding an "unhandled exception". Two PCs are running Windows 7-64bit and one is running Windows 8.1-64bit. All are running MP v1.11 and the latest MPSync. I haven't proceeded with any setup of MPSync, since it seems the plugin isn't installing properly or is missing some dependency.

The details of the error are below and I'm attaching a screenshot...

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
       at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
       at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
       at MPSync.MPSync_settings.populate_checkedlistbox(CheckedListBox& clb, String path, String listtype, String searchpattern, String ommit)
       at MPSync.MPSync_settings.getSettings()
       at MPSync.MPSync_settings.MPSync_settings_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    MPSync_Launcher
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/MPSync_Launcher.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    Utils
        Assembly Version: 1.11.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.11.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Utils.DLL
    Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Core.DLL
    System.Xml
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    MPSync
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.14
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.14
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Plugins/process/mpsync.dll
    Common.Utils
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Common.Utils.DLL
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 12.0.51209.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Cheers,

Scott

Attachments

• MPSync Unhandled Exception.jpg
      MPSync Unhandled Exception.jpg
      68.9 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I'm trying to use MPSync for the first time on a three seat setup, to reduce the amount of downloading required for MPTVSeries and MovingPictures metadata and artwork. However, I'm getting the same error on all three PCs immediately after launching MPSync, from .NET Framework, regarding an "unhandled exception". Two PCs are running Windows 7-64bit and one is running Windows 8.1-64bit. All are running MP v1.11 and the latest MPSync. I haven't proceeded with any setup of MPSync, since it seems the plugin isn't installing properly or is missing some dependency.

The details of the error are below and I'm attaching a screenshot...

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
       at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
       at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
       at MPSync.MPSync_settings.populate_checkedlistbox(CheckedListBox& clb, String path, String listtype, String searchpattern, String ommit)
       at MPSync.MPSync_settings.getSettings()
       at MPSync.MPSync_settings.MPSync_settings_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Cheers,

Scott

@benicehavefun. From the attached error there seems to be something wrong with the MPSync setup. Will ping you separately so you can provide more details.

kdschlosser

Portal Member
    February 26, 2015
    Evergreen CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have the same error as well. but i can move past it. everything works except it doesn't copy the files in the root of the folder i select to have replicated. it moves subfolders and the files contained within those.

don't know,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom