[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (4 Viewers)

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
@smarty12345, @ajs, @saitoh183. Sent you a pm with a new version that should address your issues to test it out.

Thanks

Has the fix to this issue been released to public? I also see the error on every sync:
[InsertRecords] Error adding record to table mpsync in database C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3 with exception: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: array

@wouter1971, hadn't had time to package it... :( will try to do so in the coming days.

Any chance this is coming soon?

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Today i found out that no matter what i set as synchronisation time (hours) it always takes seconds as default.
    See picture. I need to set it to hours because i want my NAS to enter harddisk spindown mode when it's not used.

mpsync.PNG

p.s. found out that the problem lookes to be the "hours" setting which is defaulted back to seconds.

Last edited:

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    yeah i had the same issue, you must edit the mpsync.xml manually and enter your wanted seconds (ex. 3600 for 1 hour).
    After that DONT start the gui setup, so it reverts the setting.

pOpY

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Today i found out that no matter what i set as synchronisation time (hours) it always takes seconds as default.
    See picture. I need to set it to hours because i want my NAS to enter harddisk spindown mode when it's not used.

View attachment 161456

p.s. found out that the problem lookes to be the "hours" setting which is defaulted back to seconds.

@wouter1971. Thanks for pointing this out. Will be fixed in next release.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    MPSync v1.0.0.13 is available for download from here.

The long awaited WATCH synchronisation has now been fixed (y)(y)
    The release has other minor enhancement as well as fixes to other errors reported in this thread.

Thanks everyone for your patience and enjoy this release.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Wanted to inform of plugin's next upgrade.

Currently the WATCH update is dependent on the synchronisation frequency set for the file updates. I will be working on externalising the watch update so it is independent and more instantaneous.

Hopefully I have this done soon :D

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    MPSync v1.0.0.14 is available for download from here.

A bug was discovered in v1.0.0.13 which caused the watched status to be overwritten on the client (slave) PC erroneously. This version rectifies this issue and watched statuses are now reflected correctly both on master pc as well as client pcs.

Last edited:

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After Long time of trying to make MPSync running (it never works), I need al Little (or more) help.
    I'will start from the beginning and need a best practise.

My Environment:

My Primary HTPC Hosts all my files. They are reachable via Networkshare (\\Media-PC\Movies etc.).
    This HTPC uses These networkshares for his databases (so no local paths are used).

I want to share with my second HTPC (Media-Box). It should have same look and feel like Media-PC (yes, I know, Media-PC has to be online).

I've MePo 1.10 and newest MPSync on both.
    Meda-PC publishes his DBs to \\Media-PC\DB-Share (when I start with an empty share, Media-PC fills it with DBs within a few Moments).

Media-Box can reach and browse all Media-PC Shares and has all MePo Plugins that Media-PC has.
    All Plugins are unconfigured and the local DBs are empty.

First Point:
    Should I configure the paths and DBs local at Media-Box (Moving Pictures for example) or can I clone them with the DBs from Media-PC?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    After Long time of trying to make MPSync running (it never works), I need al Little (or more) help.
    I'will start from the beginning and need a best practise.

My Environment:

My Primary HTPC Hosts all my files. They are reachable via Networkshare (\\Media-PC\Movies etc.).
    This HTPC uses These networkshares for his databases (so no local paths are used).

I want to share with my second HTPC (Media-Box). It should have same look and feel like Media-PC (yes, I know, Media-PC has to be online).

I've MePo 1.10 and newest MPSync on both.
    Meda-PC publishes his DBs to \\Media-PC\DB-Share (when I start with an empty share, Media-PC fills it with DBs within a few Moments).

Media-Box can reach and browse all Media-PC Shares and has all MePo Plugins that Media-PC has.
    All Plugins are unconfigured and the local DBs are empty.

First Point:
    Should I configure the paths and DBs local at Media-Box (Moving Pictures for example) or can I clone them with the DBs from Media-PC?

@Crix1990. Please attach all MPSync*.xml files from both Media-PC and Media-Box in 2 separate zip files so I can have a look and guide you on the correct setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom