[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (1 Viewer)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Cyberhai, the file can be found in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.
    Ok, file found.

Cyberhai, you have encountered issues because no setup was performed and you kicked-off a synchronization... admittedly, the plugin should not allow that... will be enhanced in the next version.

Have a look at this page from the wiki to see how to set it up.

Cyberhai

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2008
    Irgendwo in der Pfalz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can't config.
    I open MP Config, going to plugins mpsync config.
    Bevore i can config mpsync i see this:

Attachments

• mpsync.PNG
      mpsync.PNG
      30 KB
    Last edited:

thekitehunte

Portal Member
    December 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm no further forward - the synced databases do not show up in video sorted by shares. I have now completely uninstalled MP on the client and installed 1.4.0. and synced the databases and even tried copying the database files, but still nothing shows in the video listing. If, on the client, I do an imdb update for a movie, then that sticks and is displayed, but its the only one.
    If I copy the sync'd videodatabase back to the Win8 server, all the movie details are shown ok, but nothing shows back on the Win7 client.
    (by the way, I get a 'Unhandled exception' when I use the configuration first time, before it has any file location parameters).
    So, with two movies showing their details after imdb'ing them on the client, I do a sync to the server files and then they no longer show the details in MP. I have 2 MP systems, the creator of the db is happy to show the video details from the database file, but the client will not show anything from that database. Is there another factor involved when the client and server are totally separate? Is it the file location definitions - you wrote that you used the same file name/folder reference for the client and server, but mine are different ('d:\movies' vs 'z:\action movies') . Is the file location in the videodatabase? If I could PM you then I'd send the 2 databases, before and after the client updates one movie details.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I'm no further forward - the synced databases do not show up in video sorted by shares. I have now completely uninstalled MP on the client and installed 1.4.0. and synced the databases and even tried copying the database files, but still nothing shows in the video listing. If, on the client, I do an imdb update for a movie, then that sticks and is displayed, but its the only one.
    If I copy the sync'd videodatabase back to the Win8 server, all the movie details are shown ok, but nothing shows back on the Win7 client.
    (by the way, I get a 'Unhandled exception' when I use the configuration first time, before it has any file location parameters).
    So, with two movies showing their details after imdb'ing them on the client, I do a sync to the server files and then they no longer show the details in MP. I have 2 MP systems, the creator of the db is happy to show the video details from the database file, but the client will not show anything from that database. Is there another factor involved when the client and server are totally separate? Is it the file location definitions - you wrote that you used the same file name/folder reference for the client and server, but mine are different ('d:\movies' vs 'z:\action movies') . Is the file location in the videodatabase? If I could PM you then I'd send the 2 databases, before and after the client updates one movie details.

Does both clients have the same paths for movies, thumbs, fanart, etc?

Last edited:

thekitehunte

Portal Member
    December 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've done further extensive testing and in fact the paths of the movies are held in a number of places (I installed SQLite Expert and looked at the databases.). Using the editor to correct the pathnames sync'd from the server to the proper local client pathnames which made the thumbs appear, I think its more complicated than these databases - the paths to the video files (as set in the config program) don't seem connected directly to the databases synchronised. Anyway, I gave up with all that and (1) remapped the Windows client paths to be the same as the server, (2) redefined all the paths to the movies in the MP config program (as I said, just changing the databases doesn't do it), (3) restarted the client workstation (just to make sure Windows had finished registering some drive letter changes that I had to make), (4) then copied the server database files to the client (because it was the fastest way to get the client databases) and all is well now, and the sync works. The bottom line is that the drive letters for the source and target have to be the same for this plugin to work. But now its working, its a brilliant plugin, thanks again.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Love this plugin :)
    Now my second client is not far away ;)

I have a few questions:

What is the best intervall, which do not iompact system performance?
    Should ill tick the option that mpsync pauses until player is closed?

Thank you for your hard work
    pOpY

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Love this plugin :)
    Now my second client is not far away ;)

I have a few questions:

What is the best intervall, which do not iompact system performance?
    Should ill tick the option that mpsync pauses until player is closed?

Thank you for your hard work
    pOpY

pOpY, I recommend that you tick the option to pause during playback especially if you load your movies from server or NAS. As regards to interval, I have mine set at 30 seconds with no impact.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Thanks, will setup mpsync like your previous post.

Keep up the good work!
    pOpY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom