Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (5 Viewers)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello, first of all, contratulations for this incredible plug-in, i really love it!

Now, i want to talk about 2 things:
    1. I'm using only grooveshark, and some songs doesn't show their duration. If you need logs i will post them but i don't know if this will be posted in the logs...
    2. Have you planned to add ff/rew function (like when watching videos)? Sometimes i want to pass i.e. the first 1 minute of the track but i think i can't do it yet in rockstar.

Thanks for that hard work, i will donate you a few bucks sooner o later.

Hi,

1. Track duration is not available for all tracks so this is the reason why it is sometimes missing, not a bug.
    2. Not planned yet, I would have to investigate if this is possible.

Tingsnet

Portal Member
    January 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!
    First of all, thanks for a great plugin! Love it!

I dont know if its a bug or something with my system, but sometimes when enter rockstar i must frist open and play a song from popular songs, if I go directly to my playlist mediaportal hangs or even crash and close down.

I tried to recognize when, but it seems to happen randomly...but often.
    Doesn't matter if I start mediaportal and open rockstar or if I previously whatch a movie.
    I have a few playlist that are from other users on spotify that I cannot open if that is a connection :/
    Only spotify active.

Edit: I just tried to open rockstar in debug mode and was able to get this info:

26-Jan-2012 16:24:02.677 Info [ RockstarPlugin]: Running Rockstar Beta 2.1
    26-Jan-2012 16:24:18.646 Info [ Localization]: Using language: sv
    26-Jan-2012 16:24:23.401 Error [ RockstarPlugin]: Performing the task has failed System.NullReferenceException: Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.
    vid Torshify.WaitExtensions.WaitUntilLoaded(IPlaylist source, Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
    vid Rockstar.Core.Client.Spotify.TorshifyClient.GetPlaylists()
    vid Rockstar.Management.PlaylistStoreManager.LoadPlaylistsInternal(Object parameters)
    vid Rockstar.Core.TaskHandler.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Execute>b__0()

It didnt crash this time only a message that rockstar was not able to open my playlist.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi!
    First of all, thanks for a great plugin! Love it!

I dont know if its a bug or something with my system, but sometimes when enter rockstar i must frist open and play a song from popular songs, if I go directly to my playlist mediaportal hangs or even crash and close down.

I tried to recognize when, but it seems to happen randomly...but often.
    Doesn't matter if I start mediaportal and open rockstar or if I previously whatch a movie.
    I have a few playlist that are from other users on spotify that I cannot open if that is a connection :/
    Only spotify active.

Edit: I just tried to open rockstar in debug mode and was able to get this info:

26-Jan-2012 16:24:02.677 Info [ RockstarPlugin]: Running Rockstar Beta 2.1
    26-Jan-2012 16:24:18.646 Info [ Localization]: Using language: sv
    26-Jan-2012 16:24:23.401 Error [ RockstarPlugin]: Performing the task has failed System.NullReferenceException: Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.
    vid Torshify.WaitExtensions.WaitUntilLoaded(IPlaylist source, Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
    vid Rockstar.Core.Client.Spotify.TorshifyClient.GetPlaylists()
    vid Rockstar.Management.PlaylistStoreManager.LoadPlaylistsInternal(Object parameters)
    vid Rockstar.Core.TaskHandler.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Execute>b__0()

It didnt crash this time only a message that rockstar was not able to open my playlist.

Post full logs

Tingsnet

Portal Member
    January 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    oh sorry for that, I only post the rockstar one.

I did a few changes this time, added groveshark and change the internal player to dshow. same thing.
    I will try to attach the correct logs. Im kinda new at this...

Tingsnet

Portal Member
    January 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Changed skin and no problem so far :) going away for the weekend, but will try to replicate the problem next week.
    It looks like the skin I have now will keep the playlist I play open if I return back in to rockstar, before I always need to re-locate the playlist.

Skin I use now is backdrop
    The skin before was back glass nova hd.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Changed skin and no problem so far :) going away for the weekend, but will try to replicate the problem next week.
    It looks like the skin I have now will keep the playlist I play open if I return back in to rockstar, before I always need to re-locate the playlist.

Interesting. Please let me know if you can replicate the problem again when going back to Black Glass Nova HD, thanks.

Tingsnet

Portal Member
    January 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Interesting. Please let me know if you can replicate the problem again when going back to Black Glass Nova HD, thanks.

Just before I went from home it did crash with the new skin also :(
    But it seems harder to replicate on this skin or it is just the way the skin handles the plugin when i exit rockstar :(
    The most easy way to make it crash is simply to start mediaportal, Go directly to rockstar and try to open my playlists, first I get this "oops" message and second try mediaportal will crash.
    But i did find some more playlists that i couldnt open, always others playlists with many songs in.
    So I will try a different account when I get back home without any "borrowed" playlist.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    But it seems harder to replicate on this skin or it is just the way the skin handles the plugin when i exit rockstar :(
    The most easy way to make it crash is simply to start mediaportal, Go directly to rockstar and try to open my playlists, first I get this "oops" message and second try mediaportal will crash.
    But i did find some more playlists that i couldnt open, always others playlists with many songs in.
    So I will try a different account when I get back home without any "borrowed" playlist.

I think I've found a problem in the code. Please enable debug logging in MP Configuration -> General and try the attached version. Post all logs if you have problems.

Tingsnet

Portal Member
    January 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I think I've found a problem in the code. Please enable debug logging in MP Configuration -> General and try the attached version. Post all logs if you have problems.

Ok

Here is what I try, first off I tried the old version but with another spotify account and it didnt crash, everything worked as it should.

then I've updated and tried again whit the other account, everything perfect, so I switched back to my account, and even if it worked a lot better, no more "oops" message it crashed but its not so often at all. So far evrerytime i tried I could enter and start playing my playlists, the crash will come after a few seconds in a song. (in a few times, even after a fresh reboot)

My guess is that it must be something whith the structure of my playlists, I dont have abnormal many, but i do have playlists in folders if thats matter, like this: Spotify - now with folders! - Spotify
    but I've have to try it some more before i can give some fair opinion.

And here is the log from the crash.

Edit: just a quick edit, I've change my password from a very long to a shorter, and removed my only starred song and now everything seems just fine, will try it some more tomorrow :)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Ok

Here is what I try, first off I tried the old version but with another spotify account and it didnt crash, everything worked as it should.

then I've updated and tried again whit the other account, everything perfect, so I switched back to my account, and even if it worked a lot better, no more "oops" message it crashed but its not so often at all. So far evrerytime i tried I could enter and start playing my playlists, the crash will come after a few seconds in a song. (in a few times, even after a fresh reboot)

My guess is that it must be something whith the structure of my playlists, I dont have abnormal many, but i do have playlists in folders if thats matter, like this: Spotify - now with folders! - Spotify
    but I've have to try it some more before i can give some fair opinion.

And here is the log from the crash.

Edit: just a quick edit, I've change my password from a very long to a shorter, and removed my only starred song and now everything seems just fine, will try it some more tomorrow :)

1. Are you sure you have enabled DEBUG logging in MP Configuration -> General?
    2. There are no crash-related errors in your logs, were these logs collected after the crash?
    3. Are you using SAF codec pack? There has been some hard crash issues with it. (If you don't know what it is then you probably won't be using it)
    4. Also try disabling ALL other plugins and try to reproduce the crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom