Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

I alredy explain to you, SAF set default renderer to WMR9 on WinXP and EVR on Vista/Win7. I have XP here, so there is VMR9 in use.

Why would you change the default renderer?

Becouse of Graphstudio.

I think easy fix is to add tsreader + video renderer to graph.

Haraldpeter

Portal Pro
March 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi,

tourettes

First of all, I know nothing about Codecs and there Implatation in Windows 7.

But, if I install FFdshow in the same Way as describe in MP WIKI and configure only DIVIX, XVID and FLV in Setup following with Haali and Onlinevideos FLV Splitter - nothing will break.

In TVsetup Preview works fine and last but not least the inbuild WIN7 Performance Test too.

Why is that so ?:D

Ps. Graphstudio works too

Best Regards
Haraldpeter

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
December 27, 2010
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

rojoyinc:
Both graphs are correct.
MOV - can you post me small video sample to test?
m2ts - what is inside your m2ts - h.264 or VC-1? try disable DxVA - START - SAF - FFDshow - configure FDDShow DxVA decoder - here uncheck h.264 and VC-1 and try again.

About Amiga - i created easy emulator solution to play Amiga games on PC, just click on icon to play it. This project is known as WHA and it is about 10 years since started working on it :)

While this worked at allowing my to play my .m2ts videos. My TV stream became jittery. Especially the first minute or two or changing a channel. I had to put these back to restore good TV stream playback.

I'm not all that concerned with playing .m2ts but I do wish my .mov's would play properly. I'll live with it as is for a while.
I can jump out of MP and play them in a external player.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

rojoyinc:
Both graphs are correct.
m2ts - what is inside your m2ts - h.264 or VC-1? try disable DxVA - START - SAF - FFDshow - configure FDDShow DxVA decoder - here uncheck h.264 and VC-1 and try again.

About Amiga - i created easy emulator solution to play Amiga games on PC, just click on icon to play it. This project is known as WHA and it is about 10 years since started working on it :)

While this worked at allowing my to play my .m2ts videos. My TV stream became jittery. Especially the first minute or two or changing a channel. I had to put these back to restore good TV stream playback.

Your TV stream becomes jerky after disabling FFDshow DxVA? Are you using FFDshow for liveTV? I doubt about that...

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey hoborg,

Do you know if the BASS engine used to play music the ffdshow audio codec? The MP3 stereo sound is always sent as PCM so I have no chance to run the music through the amplifier to 5.1. . With the DirectShow player I can not even play MP3's. Is always the message that it does not work.

No idea ??

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hey hoborg,

Do you know if the BASS engine used to play music the ffdshow audio codec? The MP3 stereo sound is always sent as PCM so I have no chance to run the music through the amplifier to 5.1. . With the DirectShow player I can not even play MP3's. Is always the message that it does not work.

No idea ??

If you open MP3 in graphstudio, does it play?

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2010

rojoyinc:
    Both graphs are correct.

Your TV stream becomes jerky after disabling FFDshow DxVA? Are you using FFDshow for liveTV? I doubt about that...

Seemed odd to me too - but the proof's in the results. When I uncheck those 2 boxes the m2ts videos played, but my TV became very stuttery for the first minute or two.
    Since that problem started at the same time, I assumed rechecking them would restore the tv stream. I rechecked them on and not my .m2ts videos don't play - but my TV stream was instantly restored to smooth immediately after channel change.

I'm no techy in these areas - so I have no clue other than (my results). TV stream is more important to me than those 2 video formats. My blue-ray and motion picture videos play super. Watched 1080p rip of Avatar last night with only one quick stutter. TV's been playing very well since I switched back. (I could test again if it would help in any way)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

So with the BASS Engine yes. With Graphstudio, I've not even tryt. Mach I and later give notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom