Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (5 Viewers)

BalduinB

Portal Member
July 29, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

That was my first thought, too. So i deactivated the Virusscanner ...

The file must be the extract.bat. After the setup has finished, the T Folder with the extract.bat is left behind. Everything else is gone.
I can't delete it. I use the tool "Unlocker" to delete it and it says it can't delete the file right away, it does it while rebooting.

Very stange. Log files look fine. No errors reported :(

After installing the ffdshow window does not open and I can't start any of the usually installed programs.
I made a clean Windows XP install, absolutely fresh. *scratches head*

Ok .. got it. Sorry to bother you, but thank you very much, that you checked.
I completely deactivated the virusscanner. It's been a while that I had so many popups warning me, that the virusscanner is deactvated.
No change.
So I decided to uninstall the scanner completely. That helped. Very, very strange.

Thank you hoborg for trying to help.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

That was my first thought, too. So i deactivated the Virusscanner ...

The file must be the extract.bat. After the setup has finished, the T Folder with the extract.bat is left behind. Everything else is gone.
I can't delete it. I use the tool "Unlocker" to delete it and it says it can't delete the file right away, it does it while rebooting.

Very stange. Log files look fine. No errors reported :(

After installing the ffdshow window does not open and I can't start any of the usually installed programs.
I made a clean Windows XP install, absolutely fresh. *scratches head*

Ok .. got it. Sorry to bother you, but thank you very much, that you checked.
I completely deactivated the virusscanner. It's been a while that I had so many popups warning me, that the virusscanner is deactvated.
No change.
So I decided to uninstall the scanner completely. That helped. Very, very strange.

Thank you hoborg for trying to help.

I am using Avast free antivirus, working great, no side effect, and it is free.

BalduinB

Portal Member
July 29, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Using AVG Free for years now. Never had any problems. Same version of AVG on my last HTPC ... if any further strange stuff comes up, I'll give Avast a try.

Thanks again

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Using AVG Free for years now. Never had any problems. Same version of AVG on my last HTPC ... if any further strange stuff comes up, I'll give Avast a try.

Thanks again

I was using AVG before Avast and i had problems - some programs take long time before start (Tottal Commander for example).

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hoborg,

I have a question.
It is related to ATI bug with the higher than profile amount reference frames.
There is a file floating about on the internet with a HELL of a lot birds flying through the screen and zooming out. I think people referr to it as the "bird scene" (Planet Earth)
This file I can play without issues using the MPC-HC (MPCVideoDec.ax) codec. I have to make sure though, the reference frame check is disabled. . . no problem.
If I use the FFDShow DXVA codec, it is not playing smooth. Even if I go to the FFDshow video DXVA settings and de-select all checks here.. It still doesnt play propperly.

My personal solution is I just downloaded the mpcvideodec.ax and register it manually. This helps me, but is not a ideal situation IMO.
I was wondering if you can shed any light on the situation. Is it a flaw on ffdshow decoder side? Or something else?

Thank you for digging in :)

Link to scene
http://rapidshare.com/files/82525583/killa.sampla.x264.mkv.html

[edit]
Warning: Be aware, this is a 1080p scene with high bitrate which might hogg your cpu if you dont have dxva enabled :D

New Problem ... I can't install saf5 anymore.

It does the download, and tries to move DXVAChecker.exe to system32. When I look in the hidden T Folder I canÄt find it.
At this point the installer just stops moving the files, tries to register them (what doesn't work) and after that I have a complete Codecmess :(

Any chance to integrate the DXVAChecker in the files downloaded (I use the unlocked version) or a way to get the installer to move the rest, too?

I get a german error message I try to translate:

extract cannot be moved. The file is in use by another person or program.
Close all programs that could eventually use the file and try again.

"The file" ... which file? I was looking for "extract" but I can't find it.
Happens even with older versions of saf5, so I think it happens after extracting the downloaded files.

Thanks
Balduin

I have been bothered with the same. I got an error with "extract.bat" and two others (Kill.bat??) not being able to be moved. And no logs were created, dispite the message.
Last update with SAF I rebooted after UNinstalling SAF. Then install and I had no error message.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Hoborg,

I have a question.
There is a file floating about on the internet with a HELL of a lot birds flying through the screen and zooming out. I think people referr to it as the "bird scene" (Planet Earth)
This file I can play without issues using the MPC-HC (MPCVideoDec.ax) codec. I have to make sure though, the reference frame check is disabled. . . no problem.
If I use the FFDShow DXVA codec, it is not playing smooth. Even if I go to the FFDshow video DXVA settings and de-select all checks here.. It still doesnt play propperly.

My personal solution is I just downloaded the mpcvideodec.ax and register it manually. This helps me, but is not a ideal situation IMO.
I was wondering if you can shed any light on the situation. Is it a flaw on ffdshow decoder side? Or something else?

Link to scene

[edit]
Warning: Be aware, this is a 1080p scene with high bitrate which might hogg your cpu if you dont have dxva enabled :D

Try to disable surface overly in FFDshow DxVA postprocessing.

I have been bothered with the same. I got an error with "extract.bat" and two others (Kill.bat??) not being able to be moved. And no logs were created, dispite the message.
Last update with SAF I rebooted after UNinstalling SAF. Then install and I had no error message.

Looks like something from SAF was in use and SAF installer was not able to overwrite/delete the file.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Hoborg,

I have a question.

Link to scene

[edit]

Hi Hoborg,

Thanks for your reply.
Tried your suggestion. No luck. Still the same result.
Did you try playing the file yourself? What was the result?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Hoborg,

I have a question.

Link to scene

[edit]

Hi Hoborg,

Thanks for your reply.
Tried your suggestion. No luck. Still the same result.
Did you try playing the file yourself? What was the result?

Well, i have 2 version of this bird clip - one with sound (FFDshow DxVA decoder freeze durning playback) one without sound (play just fine for me using FFDshow DxVA). Tested in graphstudio.
BTW, you should not cere about this videos, they are not part of any BlueRay, etc.
4.1 profile is enought for all FullHD videos. No idea why somebodu using 5.1 profile with more then 5 ref. frames...

This bird demo - also known as killer sample - is encoded in 5.1 profile with 16ref. frames - that is max "quality" for h.264.But honestly, if you look closer you will see picture is preaty ugly for such hi bitrate.
There is similar test video known as Samsung demo if you want to try it :)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

I hear you. But the question im trying to understand:
ffdshow dxva is mpchc based.
MPCHC codec playes it fine, ffdshow doesnt.. Weird in my opinion as they should give the same result if ffdshow is truely mpchc based. Am I right?

The thing with the ref frames what your saying is mostly true. Although some manga series do make use of the 5.1 profile.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

I hear you. But the question im trying to understand:
ffdshow dxva is mpchc based.
MPCHC codec playes it fine, ffdshow doesnt.. Weird in my opinion as they should give the same result if ffdshow is truely mpchc based. Am I right?

Yes, they are, but FFDshow DxVA decoder is modified - lets say it is 99,9% MPC-HC based.
But that is question to FFDshow team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom