Skype4MP with video (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Got a question is a Skype window meant to open? Or is it meant to be a window within MP
    sometimes Skype shows a small window on desktop
    means if Skype4MP does not work instantly, switch to desktop and look for a very small window from Skype asking for permission to allow access to Skype API from MP. Confirm that, and switch back to MP. Then Skype4MP should work.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @catavolt

Despite my best efforts I still can't get this plugin working fully:mad:. Although I did get an unreproducible partial call out all further efforts have failed miserably, I can still answer incomming calls fully, video/audio in both diections, without problem. If you can answer a couple of questions regarding your setup it could be helpfull for me.:unsure:
    1. Are you running Win 10 x64 or x86?
    2. Do you know if the plugin requires any specific x 86 items that I might not have installed on my x64 Win 10?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Win 10 x64 (see my specs)

"Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (Version 1511, Build 14271.1000)", OK then I guess I should have known that that is x64;)
    Many thanks for the quick response, though sadly it has not proved helpfull. :cry: Same problem on both my HTPC and Desktop PCs.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @catavolt Well it has been a long time but now that 1.16 is final (I had been using test versions from the Madvr intergration thread) I decided to try this plugin again. I set it all up and tried it out and wow all call in/call out functions worked.:) Normally I always operate MP in fullscreen but quite by chance it was at this point in in windowed mode, as soon as I went to fullscreen and played TV most of the issues I mentioned in my posts of last year returned, when trying to answer a Skype call, but was still OK from the main GUI.:(. I do not use the "Keep MP always on Top" setting but do use Madvr as my video renderer, it turns out unchecking the "Enable fullscreen exclusive mode" setting in Madvr fixed the problems.;)
    Responding to a Skype call either from TV or when playing Music (from file, have not tried a CD yet) seems to work well. (y):)
    From Online Videos, Series, Moving Pictures and Videos plugins I still have a problem (in fullscreen and windowed mode), if a call comes in while playing a video, the vid. pauses and the Accept call/with video dialogs appear on screen (without Ring Tone) and after responding the Skype plugin is displayed but the dialogs appear again, on responding again positively the call just closes.:(
    So quite a breakthough but are you also seeing the same with OLV etc. plugins and/or do you have a workaround?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So quite a breakthough but are you also seeing the same with OLV etc. plugins and/or do you have a workaround?
    TBH I don´t use this plugin often - so I can´t help you in respect to your findings ;)
    Furthermore I´m only skinning this plugin - I have no influence on it´s behaviour ;)
    Maybe you ask the dev ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you ask the dev ?

@catavolt Who is the dev? mts has not been arround for a long while.:unsure:

Further to my previous post I now have managed to answer a call from the Online Videos, Series, Moving Pictures and Videos plugins, it seems to have something to do with the "enable up2p" Skype setting, which was checked, after unchecking it the double dialog problem went away. Still did not have a ringtone though and after answering it there was no sound "connection lost with the audio device"(my AVR). That seems to be a problem with MPAR which I normally use as my audio renderer for everything except TV;). Selecting Default Direct Sound Device fixed both problems but I will go back and see if I can change anything in the MPAR settings that could also resolve the problem.
    I'm making progress.:whistle:

RvP

July 15, 2017
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all,

I have just registered to the message board here. Using Mediaportal since around 8yrs, but always face the fact of a lack of time to fully get into it -> family.
    What i would like to know on Skype4MP is, where to install the files exactly? what directory is needed to extract them into?

Thanks for your help in advance

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What i would like to know on Skype4MP is, where to install the files exactly? what directory is needed to extract them into?
    I ran into problems extracting the download direct so what I did was extract the download to a temporary folder then copy and paste from there as follows-

Download
    language/Skype4MP
    Destination
    c:\Program Data\Team Media Portal\Media Portal\language
    Download
    Mediaportal/plugins/Windows/Skype4MP.dll
    Destination
    c:\Program Files(x86)\Team Media Portal\Media Portal\plugins\Windows
    Download
    Mediaportal/MPfocusSetter.exe
    Destination
    c:\Program Files(x86)\Team Media Portal\Media Portal
    Download
    Skin Files (contents of various Skin Folders)
    Destination
    c:\Program Data\Team Media Portal\Media Portal\skin (to SAME various Skin Folders)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread