Theme: BasicHome goes Classic with Backdrops | NEW: Editor available (1 Viewer)

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,
    this is no problem of this mod, as only files of the the Homescreen are altered. Short test shows the same problem also with standard Titan or Titan Extended skin.

Cheers

Thanks I will post it to Moving Pictures.

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Finally an update :LOL: I spent some time with AutoIt and put an editor together. If you find any issues please report back.
    The editor will look for your config file in the directory it was started from or in the standard directory ..\Themes\backdropped
    I tried to automatically scan all available window IDs, but it is possible that some are missing...

V.3.0
    • Added: New Editor
    • Changed: increased to 5 submenu items
    • Fixed: minor visibility conditions
    Note: There were some major changes in file structure. You can keep your existing BasicHome.CONFIG.xml but you will have to start the editor, correct the overlays and save a new config file!

Den70

Portal Member
    February 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I really like this mod. In my opinion the clean interface is much better then the standard Titan one.

But one question. In the basichome editor, which parameter I have to use to go directly to the all movies section of Movingpictures? I can't get it to work.

skyper100

Portal Member
    February 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I really like this mod. In my opinion the clean interface is much better then the standard Titan one.

But one question. In the basichome editor, which parameter I have to use to go directly to the all movies section of Movingpictures? I can't get it to work.
    In my opinion, too. The Editor ist a very cool idea. I have the same problem with the loading parameters in onlinevideos. How can i directly get to the imdb movie trailers? I tried to set loadparameters to: site:IMDb Movie Trailers but it doesn't work.

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

yes, the hyperlink parameters are not very useful in the moment and I have to admit I don't really use them.
    The skin engine does not allow to pass a special character like ':' in a variable/property. And to my knowledge there is no escape character to mask those special characters. Currently there is no other way then editing the BasicHome.xml
    I had it explained once in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/loadparameter-problems.115627/page-2#post-954854
    If you need help just ask...

Den70

Portal Member
    February 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tnx.

I don't use categories in Moving Pictures that much anyway so I decided to turn them off in the plugin itself. That will do for me for now.

Two questions:
    -Is it possible to set the standard menu which gets the focus when you start up?
    -In which folder do the non-fanart images reside? I would like to add some myself.

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    -Is it possible to set the standard menu which gets the focus when you start up?
    That is also something which is not addressable by the editor because it has to be changed in BasicHome.xml directly. See this post. (Counting of the labels begins with 1900; right now the start focus is set to 1903 which means Label 4 in the editor)

-In which folder do the non-fanart images reside? I would like to add some myself.
    The dropdown menu is hardcoded. But you can just drop your image in the media folder inside the theme folder and type in the exact filename (incl. file extension; e.g. my_background.jpg) in the editor. The skin engine will look in both media folders: the original one from Titan skin and the additional one in the theme folder.

Note for myself if I ever find time to update:
    • hyperlink parameters
    • startup focus
    • lookup available hover pictures and or allow adding images

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Is this mod compatible with 1.5 ?? I'm thinking of upgrading from 1.3 but only if I can use this...

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi 404,

it is compatible with 1.5
    You can keep your existing BasicHome.CONFIG.xml but you will have to start the editor once to adapt it to the new structure of the files and to re-adjust the overlays.

Greets

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Hi Zoidberg77,

Glad your mod works with 1.5, Now i can upgrade and not even have to mess around with my settings....

Thanks again for your hard work on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom