TS file editors or saving files in other formats. (1 Viewer)

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hello

Media Portal’s editor could be the best editor I have tried so far for the TS files if it overcame the scroll bar problem. Media Portal’s editor does not enable me to move the scroll bar along by clicking or dragging it rapidly like other programs like Avidemux. However, Portal does not have the below problems that I have had with Avidemux. With Portal’s editor I have to fast forward the file and then wait for it to reach the start of the section that I want to save. This often takes many minutes. There is a scroll bar. However, you cannot click or drag on it to move it rapidly along. Is this normal and will future versions of Portal overcome this problem?

Avidemux is user friendly with the scroll bar, but when the TS files are saved with the software, the video and audio are out of synchronization and the video stalls when I fast forward fast. Perhaps I was using the wrong output format, video or audio settings with Avidemux. When I saved the files, I did not change the settings so the video was “copy”, the audio was “copy” and the format was “avi”. I am not sure if I should have them set to something else for TS files if I simply cut part of the file out and save as the same type of file?

Your help will be appreciated,
Regards Richard.

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hello

Do you think the above problems with Media Portal’s editor could be solved? If so, it may be a much better editor than Avidemux that has the below problems in my case.

I managed to solve the synchronization problem with Avidemux by using the shift function to offset the audio by 0.5 seconds.
Editing seems to work well with some files I open. However, for a lot of them it crashes and on other occasions when I try to open a file it comes up with a “Error opening file” message. Some of the files that are saved and opened after editing enable the volume to be heard for the first few seconds near the start. However, after that, they play and there is no audio.

Your help would be appreciated
Regards Richard.

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hi,

Sorry I sent an accidental message so I am posting this message in it's place to edit it. I forward to your comments on my last two posts above thanks.

Regards Richard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom