ts files not playing on MP2 (2 Viewers)

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
May 19, 2023
Home Country
Germany Germany
Good morning, I am using MP2 since several years on a Win10 machine and now switched to a new PC with Win11. After installation, I realized that video files with ts extension will not play. I believe this is a codec issue (I have selected the LAV codec). Interestingly, the ts files will play with the VLC player which is also installed, so it seems to be related to the internal MP2 player.
I would be thankful for any comments, hints etc.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    please check here first how to raise problem reports.
    • Which version of MP2 are you using?
    • What exactly are you doing? Did you record with MP2 and want to play those files? Did you try to import external ts files?
    • Please attach log files in debug mode after reproducing the problem

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am using MP 2.4.1
    I have recorded a TV show and then tried to play it within MP2. This did not work (just a black screen). However, when opening the ts file with VLC media player or WMP, this works perfectly fine. So the recorded file is working.
    As hardware I am using a Minis Forum TH80 PC with win11 Pro installed on it.
    I would be thankful for any comments.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-05-19-16.10.28.zip
      281.3 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am using MP 2.4.1
    I have recorded a TV show and then tried to play it within MP2. This did not work (just a black screen). However, when opening the ts file with VLC media player or WMP, this works perfectly fine. So the recorded file is working.
    As hardware I am using a Minis Forum TH80 PC with win11 Pro installed on it.
    I would be thankful for any comments.
    In the logs I can unfortunately not see, that you tried to play a recording. Could you try to reproduce the problem once and then upload the log files?
    I see lot of unrelated errors in connection to e.g. AppLauncher. It seems sothing is outdated.

I'd generally recommend following:
    • Uninstall MP2 completely
    • Remove any left-overs in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client"
    • Reinstall MP2
    All settings will be kept. You could use the pre-version of your new installer. Content is based on MP2.4.1 with a few fixes

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have this afternoon set the PC to its virgin settings and completely installed
    LAV codecs
    WM media player
    MP2
    Issue is still as described, ts files not running.

Here are the new log files

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-05-19-18.31.23.zip
      1.9 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have this afternoon set the PC to its virgin settings and completely installed
    LAV codecs
    WM media player
    MP2
    Issue is still as described, ts files not running.

Here are the new log files
    Now I see your attempts to play recordings. Strangely the failed playback does not even create an error., so I think it's related to LAV.
    1) Can you try following things: Remove once the "Recording share", restart the server, the recording share will be automatically readded.
    2) Reinstall LAV manually
    3) Go to Settings / Players / Codecs and make sure everything is set to LAV

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Many thanks for your fast feedback. What exactly you mean by removing the recording share? Sorry, in case this is a stupid question.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Many thanks for your fast feedback. What exactly you mean by removing the recording share? Sorry, in case this is a stupid question.
    Go to settings / media sources / media sources configuration / remove media sources and select the entry containing "recording"

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    have followed your advice, unfortunately no change. I have attached another log file where I first tried to play a ts file from my local recording share (not working) and then played a wtv file from my external mediaserver. The latter one works, so the problem is only related to the ts file. Also, when trying to play a ts file from the external mediaserver, it will not play.
    Further ideas?

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-05-20-05.18.41.zip
      3.7 MB

Greenhorn7

Portal Member
    May 19, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    one more thing regarding LAV. I did not change any settings after installation, I hope this is correct. Otherwise, please let me know in case I should change settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom